The practice of giving is one of the strongest demonstrations that you care for someone, and one of the ways to go about it is to share or transfer your Airtel data.
Airtel data gifting allows you to share, transfer or gift your data to friends, families or acquaintances. Instead of stressing it out, Airtel Nigeria has got a nice proposition for you. The more you pay for a data plan, the greater the value.
For instance, 1.5gb airtel data plan goes for N1000 and a friend requested for Airtel data share of the same value. How do you manage this without hurting your pocket? The best solution is to activate the N1500 data plan that has a data cap of 3gb. On activation, you will be able to share your data with your tweep and still have 1.5gb(N500). This is being smart!
Airtel Nigeria has some great data plans you do not want to miss out. If you are looking for a mini-plan, mega plan or even more. You are in the right place. After subscribing, you can decide to gift, transfer or share the data with your loved ones.
If you have no idea about how to share your data or transfer data to another Airtel number, here is the article that is set to help you with the full details.
Airtel smart code for data is *141#
- Airtel’s Me2u default pin is 1234. This should be changed immediately
- All airtel prepaid customers are allowed to use Airtel share.
- Beneficiaries can receive not more than 200mb in a day.
- Airtel customers can gift data to anyone on the Airtel network.
How to change Pin for Airtel me2u and gifting
Changing your data pin should be the first step. This approach protects you against people who will share your Airtel data plan without your knowledge. The default pin for Airtel me2u/gifting is 1234.
To access the Airtel share/transfer, you will need to change your default pin to a personalized one. Ensure that the pin is what people can not guess easily.
To change your pin for airtel Airtel data share, follow the below steps:
- Dial *141# from your mobile phone.
- Reply with “6” to access data me2u and gifting.
- Simply enter 1 which gives you access to pin change.
- Enter 1234 which is your default pin
- Type in the new pin and follow the prompts to complete the pin change.
How to buy data for friends or families on Airtel network
Airtel customers would be able to purchase data on behalf of another. Airtel data gifting is totally different from Airtel data share, Airtel data gifting works in such a way that even if you do not have data, you will be able to credit another with data plan as long as you have enough balance to take care of it.
They will be charged from their airtime while the beneficiaries get the data value. Follow these steps to gift data to a friend or family:
- Simply dial *141# from your phone’s dialer pad.
- Reply with “6” to get on with your Airtel data gifting.
- The next step is to respond with 2 to view the list of data plans available.
- You can send either daily, weekly, monthly or mega data bundle to the beneficiary(s).
- Respond with 1 if you are sending a one-month data plan, use the corresponding number for other entities.
- Follow the prompts.
- Do note that you will be required to provide the beneficiary’s number.
- You will get the bill while the recipient gets the value of the data purchased.
How to transfer data to another Airtel number (Airtel Me2u)
Be informed that you are required to change your pin first if this is your first time you are transferring data to another airtel number.
- If you are yet to change your data pin, dial *141*6*3*1#. Enter old pin > new pin > new pin and press okay.
- To transfer airtel data, simply dial *141 and select data gifting and sharing option.
- Reply with 3, which is data me2u.
- Enter recipient airtel number. You will also need to provide your Airtel pin to activate Airtel data me2u.
- Follow subsequent options to complete the transfer.
- How to share/transfer data on MTN network.
- Procedures to send/share 9mobile data with another 9mobile number.
- Ways you can share/transfer your Glo data with another.