In this post, we will be providing you with the list of authorized Bolt Inspection Centers in Lagos along with their contact address.
If you are on this page, we will believe you have already taken some important steps towards becoming a Bolt Driver in Nigeria.
Bolt, formerly known as Taxify, is one of the ways people are making money in Nigeria. It has stretched to almost part of the country and is now a household name.
With Bolt app, it becomes easier for passengers to request a ride, and much of it is to your advantage. You do not need to drive around the cities of Lagos before being fortunate to see one passenger who needs your service.
However, to be fully accepted, your vehicle needs to be inspected. Lagos is where it all begins in Nigeria, and there are lots of arrangements that have been made to ensure that an inspection centre is close to your abode.
Why it is important to conduct an Inspection on any Vehicle under Bolt
Although you are your own boss due to the freedom you can enjoy, there is still a need to be accountable and provide great quality of service to passengers.
By making your vehicle available for inspection at any centre in Lagos, you are ensuring the safety and comfort of everyone. This will also guarantee some level of trust from the public which may lead to earning more money.
During the inspection, there will be a check on various parts of your vehicle, they are Brakes, Suspension, Electrical components functionalities, tyre, Fluid level, etc. Also, it will be subject to cosmetic check which would be carried on both the interior and exterior parts of the car.
How much is Bolt Inspection Fee
Bolt inspection is not free, you are charged NGN 1,200 for the service. This inspection centre opens from Monday to Saturday between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
No matter where you are in Lagos State, you should find one close to you. Upon conducting the inspection, an AutoGenius Vehicle Inspection Report will be given to your email address.
Requirements for Bolt Inspection
Bolt drivers must go with all complete vehicle documents.
A driver’s licence is also important.
There must not be a dent or scratch on the vehicle.
All headlights, horns, and air conditioners must be working perfectly
How to get started for Bolt Inspection
It is important to examine your vehicle beforehand to avoid wasting your time. Although much of it would still be checked, but you still want to make sure everything is the way it should be.
Service quality is expected and you can be sure that your vehicle will be thoroughly checked.
Below are some of the things that will be checked by Bolt Inspection Centres:
1. Brakes and Suspension: the team will carry out an investigation on the brakes and suspension which will centre on the condition of shocks, noises, vehicle alignment, and park light engagement.
2. Functionality: Aside from previously discussed, there are also other functionalities that the inspection centre will want to take a moment to look through. A test will be conducted on turn indicators, brake lights, dashboard electrical components, and headlights.
3. Electrical components functionalities: Other things that will need to be checked are some electrical components, such as AC, car horn, floor & foot mat condition, wipers, stereo, mirrors, and whether the car is odor free. All must be working as expected.
4. Fluid level check: The inspection team will also take a look at vehicle fluids, which are mostly the engine coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid, windshield washer fluid, power steering fluid, and cabin air filter.
5. General safety check: Bolt will also want to ensure that the fire extinguisher, jack and accessories, hazard warning triangle, and spare tyre are all available and in good condition.
6. Cosmetic check: Lastly, the bolt inspection personnel will check the interior and exterior of the vehicle to determine if they are in good condition. A check will also be performed on the trunk to determine if it opens and closes easily.
2. Locate the nearest Bolt Inspection Center close to you in Lagos
The next step is locating the nearest authorized AutoXray inspection center close to you. Once that has been located, it makes it easier for you to plan ahead of time.
There are enough bolt inspection centers in Lagos, so finding one should not be difficult. To make it easier for you, we would be listing the address of each bolt inspection centre in the state in this article.
3. Pay the bolt inspection fee
Without the inspection fee, you will not be attended to. Once you are now at your chosen inspection location, you will need to pay N1,200.
Once successful, the inspection agent will attend to you and conduct a thorough inspection. Upon completion, your report would be delivered to your email.
However, do note that the Autogenius inspection report is only valid for 6 months. Once it elapses, you will need to bring the vehicle for another round of inspection.
4. Upload Document
As an existing driver, you are to upload your inspection report. This can be done by going to the driver portal on your bolt app.
The doc can be scanned or taken by a good phone camera. Ensure that it is clear and easily read. Failure to do so may result in you re-uploading the document again.
Bolt Inspection Centers in Lagos
Below is the list of Authorized Bolt Inspection Centres for all vehicles in Lagos State:
1. Con Oil Filling Station Falolu Bus Stop Surulere
Conoil Filling Station, 74 Itire Road, Falolu Bus Stop, Surulere.
2. Con Oil Filling Station, Abeokuta Express Way.
Conoil Petrol Station, Abeokuta Expy, Idi Mangoro, Lagos.
3. First Bank Car Park, Oregun
Firstbank Car Park, Opposite NNPC Filling Station Kudirat Abiola Way, Oregun Lagos.
4. G&G Oil & Gas Filling Station, Ikorodu
Klm 6 Itokin Road Sabo Ikorodu, Lagos State.
5. Mobil Station, Obanikoro
Mobil Filling Station, Ikorodu Road Obanikoro Lagos State.
6. Mohagafar Petrol Station, New Oko Oba, Abule Egba
Mohagafar Petrol Station, 2 Phillip Majekodunmi Street, Poposola Area New Oko Oba, Abule Egba.
7. Mrs Filling Station Ikate, Lekki
Mrs Service Station Ikate Lekki Express Way Elegushi Lagos.
8. Mrs Filling Station, Alapere
Alapere Estate B/Stop, Ibadan Express Road.
9. Npog Peridot Filling Station, Isheri Idimu Road
Npog Peridot Filling Station, 328 Isheri Idimu Road, Isheri Roundabout, Lagos State.
10. Obanikoro Ii, Ikorodu Road
Mobil Obanikoro, Ikorodu Road
11. Rain Oil Filling Station
Rain Oil Filling Station, Abijo G.R.A, Lekki-Epe Expressway Lagos.
12. Wilmot Point
2 Wilmot Point Road, Off Ahmadu Bello Way, Bar Beach Victoria Island, Lagos.