Here is a guide on how to check your Jamb UTME result in 2020.
Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board, otherwise known as JAMB is the body responsible for conducting an entrance examination for would-be undergraduates into the various higher institutions in Nigeria – such institutions include University, Polytechnic, and College of Education.
In order to make this happen, candidates will need to ensure they take the Jamb CBT examination and most importantly meet the Jamb cut off mark. Meanwhile, all candidates would be able to check their jamb utme result online provided they have written the Jamb examination without any form of obstacle.
If a candidate did not successfully take the exam or met with a challenge while taking the Jamb CBT examination, he or she can expect odd responses from the server such as – This phone number was not used for registration, Result Withheld, Candidate Absent, Cancelled and Invalid Entrance into the Exam Hall.
Jamb result checker website is easy to use, that is you do not have much to do before you can access your jamb result online. For those who use push button phones or phones with no internet facility would also be able to check their Jamb result via SMS.
The best part of it is that you will be able to check your result in no time, Jamb has improved on their service delivery over the years. You will be able to have your result shown on your mobile screen in less than 30 minutes after taking the Jamb CBT examination as said by Public Relations Officer, Dr. Benjamin. Regardless, it could take 15 hours at most.
JAMB RESULT CHECKING METHOD VIA ONLINE
- To check your jamb utme result online, go to the Jamb portal at https://www.jamb.org.ng/ExamSlipPrinting1/CheckUTMEResults.
- Enter your Jamb registration number or the email you used when registering for the Jamb CBT exam.
- Go through the data in the field once again to ascertain if the information you supplied is correct or not.
- If it is correct, tap “Check My Results” and wait for the jamb server response.
- The jamb portal should load up your jamb result within a few seconds.
THINGS TO NOTE BEFORE CHECKING YOUR JAMB RESULT ONLINE
- You need a smartphone or PC to check your Jamb Result Online.
- An internet connection is also important.
- For checking your result on the jamb website, you only need your Jamb reg no or email attached to your Jamb profile.
- As long as you have written the exam, you are allowed to check your result up to 5 times for free. After, you will have to purchase a jamb e-facility card. Therefore, to avoid extra payment, print out your jamb result as soon as you have the wind of your result.
HOW TO CHECK JAMB UTME RESULT 2020 VIA SMS
- If you have no data-enabled phone, you can still check your jamb result via SMS
- To check your jamb result via SMS – text “RESULT” to 55019 on the phone number you used during your Jamb registration.
- Please ensure you have a minimum balance of N50 on the mobile number before sending the command.
THINGS TO NOTE BEFORE CHECKING YOUR JAMB RESULT VIA SMS
- This new way of checking jamb results was introduced to help jambites avoid paying huge fees to cyber cafe operators.
- You will get your jamb result only after an N50 deduction occurred.
- You do not need an internet-enabled device to check your jamb result via SMS.
- The downside to using the method of checking the Jamb result is that there is no provision to print it out.
Checking your Jamb score is just the first step, there are lots more to be done. Also, having a high score in the Jamb CBT examination has nothing to do with how secure your admission into the university, polytechnic, or college of education is. You will still need to take the school entrance exam provided you have met the qualifying examination cut off mark.
Jamb also allows you to check your Jamb Admission Status for free anytime. It is also crucial to know your admission status before making payment for admission letter printing