If you sat for the recently concluded Neco Exam, you can now check your Neco result online.
The hard part has already been done which is reading and sitting for your neco exam. I can understand a lot of people do not have the idea of how to check their Neco Result, this is why I have come up with an easy way to check your Neco Result.
Before going into the details, let me spin you around a little, this is to let you know what you should know about neco result.
Here we go on the lane.
What comes next on most students’ minds after leaving secondary school is how to gain admission into university, polytechnic, or college of education and to do that, you will need to have attained some standards in your neco or waec result.
To get admitted into any university or polytechnic in Nigeria, you must have at least five O/Level credit passes to include mathematics and English language in one or two sittings. Depending on your intended course of study, you will need to also make up with social science/art subjects or science subjects. After making the grade, you can now proceed to obtain your jamb form.
You will be required to select about 4 subjects during your Jamb registration. Candidates will be tested on various topics that aligned with the 4 subjects during the Jamb CBT exam. Also, expect your Jamb result to be released within 3 to 5 hours after the Jamb CBT exam.
Even when you have made the Jamb cut off mark for your prospective school, you will still need to pass your post utme examination. Scoring high in your Neco Result is just the preliminary, there are still a lot of hurdles to cross before becoming a bonafide student of a higher institution.
WHAT DO I NEED TO CHECK MY NECO RESULT?
- Basic information such as Neco exam year, exam type (eg June/July, Nov/Dec, BECE & NCEE).
- Token number and neco registration number.
- Internet-enabled devices such as PC or smartphones.
POINTS TO NOTE AS YOU CHECK YOUR NECO RESULT
As a student, you must have heard that Neco results can be upgraded. This is not true, anyone who tells you such only wants to scam you of your hard-earned money. If it happens you are lacking in some area, you can retake your Neco Examination or supplement it with your WAEC Result.
Internal and external examinations happen at least 4 times in a year, therefore, you would have a chance to sit for the WAEC or NEO Examination (internal and external). For instance, if you are looking for English Language, you could take any of the exams and use it as part of the requirements to gain admission into higher institutions in Nigeria.
Another important question often asked by candidates is how to get the original Neco result or certificate. If you registered with a school, you can always go to the school to get your Original Neco Certificate/Result. As a matter of fact, all candidates who sat for the Internal Neco Examination should proceed to the school they registered for the collection. External candidates can get their results at Neco Office in their Neighbourhood.
Meanwhile, if you misplaced your exam slip, you will need to talk to the principal in the school you registered or check in at any neco office in your state of residence. To guide against such issues, it is highly important to keep your Neco Exam Slip. You can always make an extra copy or attach a copy of your neco exam to your email or dropbox.
Lastly, any mistake can only be corrected before the Neco Exam. You will be doing yourself a big favour by thoroughly checking your Exam Slip. If you discover any omission or error, simply visit the principal or go to Neco Office to sort it out. Once your Neco Result has been released, you will not be able to make any change. Therefore, always check out for important stuff like Full Names and Date Of birth.
HOW TO CHECK NECO RESULT ONLINE
- To check your Neco Result, you will first need to purchase a NECO Result Checker Token.
- To purchase your Neco result token, go to www.result.neco.gov.ng.
- Tap PURCHASE TOKEN button.
- Register or enter your Neco Login Details.
- On the dashboard, click “Purchase Token”
- Enter the amount of token you want to purchase in the space provided.
- Click on “Pay Now”
- Confirm payment and click “Proceed To Pay”
- Remita payment page will display. Choose a payment to complete the transaction and click submit.
- Once payment has been confirmed, you will be redirected to your account where you will be able to view the purchased token.
- Now that you have the NECO Result Checker Token, visit www.results.neco.gov.ng to check your score in Neco Result.
- Choose Exam Type.
- Select the year you sat for the Neco Examination. Eg 2021.
- Enter the 12 digits token number.
- Enter your Neco Exam Registration Number.
- Click “Check Result” to access your Neco Result Grade.
- Do note that one token can only be used a minimum of 5 times. Once exhausted, you can purchase another.