Facebook pay is one of the most fascinating apps gaining the attention of Facebook users right now. The innovation makes paying and receiving money easy within the social network without any form of redirection from the platform.
For instance, you can make purchases of digital gift cards from business pages and also send cash to your contacts on Messenger without incurring any charge. It is currently being actively used by U.S. based users, and in a few other countries which include Algeria, Nigeria, Botswana, Mauritius, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Japan, Brazil, Ghana, Romania, Mexico, Canada, Morocco, Mozambique, South Africa, Germany, and some others.
Facebook Pay is seamless and secure to make payments through the social media’s family of apps. However, if you do not see it yet, you have to be patient for the complete roll-out to be done.
HOW DOES FACEBOOK PAY WORK?
To use Facebook Pay, simply enter your account information or payment card and go ahead to send money, make donations or purchases without leaving the platform.
There are multiple security measures put in place to ensure individual payments safety, and it includes adding your PIN or biometrics.
You can also manage your payment information, view payment history, and access customer support. The service is gradually being delivered in select countries of the world to make the service available to more people.
HOW IS FACEBOOK PAY PROTECTED AND SECURE FOR USERS?
The company understands the high importance of securing users’ data and hence protects and secures payment information using advanced technology such as:
1. Device biometrics and PIN when sending or receiving money.
2. Anti-fraud technology to detect unauthorized activity while monitoring ongoing purchases on their systems.
3. System notifications when there is an unusual activity is detected on your account.
4. Encryption of bank account details and payment card and advanced.
HOW TO SET UP FACEBOOK PAY ON FACEBOOK
- To set up Facebook Pay on your Facebook account, there are just some simple processes to carry out.
- Click the three-lined icons at the top-right corner of your Facebook app to open the Menu.
- Locate Settings & Privacy and then click on Settings.
- You’ll find Facebook Pay under your account settings, click on it.
- Tap “Add Payment Method”
- Click Add credit or debit card or Add PayPal.
- Input your account details and save them. All of your transactions and payments are reflected under your payment method.
HOW TO SET UP FACEBOOK PAY ON MESSENGER
1. Open the Messenger app and click on your profile picture. It is at the top left corner.
2. Locate Facebook Pay and click on it.
3. Add your debit or PayPal cards and payment information by clicking on Add new debit card or PayPal.
HOW TO MAKE PAYMENT OR RECEIVE PAYMENT WITH FACEBOOK PAY
The Facebook Pay app has a very simple interface that doesn’t require you to be techy to use. To make a payment on Facebook Pay, follow the instructions given below:
1. Open a conversation with the person to receive the payment.
2. Click on the four dotted icons at the left of your text field. Note that this symbol might appear as an arrow when your keyboard pops open, but a “+” sign on the computer.
3. Click on Pay Friend. On the desktop version, you’ll find it as a money icon.
4. Input the amount you want to pay or receive and then click on Request or Pay.
5. Input your payment details. If you are in any of Facebook Pay countries, you can Add Debit Card or Add PayPal.
6. After adding your payment card, select your choice, and click on Pay or Request to complete your transaction.
You can go ahead to use Facebook Pay on Messenger to send money to your contacts or request and receive payments.
Your transactions are retained within the conversation you hold with your client on Messenger, and payments are deducted automatically from your accounts while cash you receive are added to your account also. Your payment history is reflected under payment information.
Do I Need To Have A Facebook Account To Use Facebook Pay?
Facebook Pay is rolling out gradually and will integrate with other Facebook family apps fully soon. But to set up currently, you’ll require a Facebook account. Payment will be possible directly with other apps such as WhatsApp and Instagram.
As an added security measure, you’ll be required to set up your device biometrics or add a PIN that would be required before you make payment.