Here is a detailed First Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines for everyone who wants to quickly open and operate a savings account in Nigeria.
Normally, you will need to visit any first bank branch to get the account opening done. If it is not within your neighbourhood, then you will need to drift out of your domain.
On getting there, you will probably have to fight through a long queue to meet with the bank’s customer rep and when you show your intention to open a first bank account, you are to complete a standard form and also drop all necessary documents. The waiting period is normally between 5 to 7 days before you get your first bank account number.
However, with First Bank Plc now allowing people to open an account online, you can avoid all these and still have your first bank account registered and open on your phone. This way, you do not expend several hours at the banking hall when you have other things you could do.
In this article, we will provide you easy ways to open your first bank account in Nigeria. Stay tuned with us as we let you into one of the wonders of technology.
BENEFITS OF OPENING FIRST BANK SAVINGS ACCOUNT ONLINE
- This is the best first bank savings account if you wish to open a no-frill account to start your banking experience.
- Customers can enjoy zero account opening and operating balance of N100.
- The account can also be operated as a Salary Account if you wish to.
- There are no limits to the number of withdrawals you can make from the account in a month
- A debit card will be provided for you after opening the first bank savings account.
- If you will be opening the first bank online, there is no need for documentation to open the account.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT OPENING FIRST BANK ACCOUNT ONLINE
As far as the benefits go, customers must understand that this account type is for people who carry lower transactions. This first bank account type can only take up to N50, 000 per single cash deposit, and N300,000 cumulative balance in your account. Therefore, if you are planning to move more money in, your account might be suspended or frozen until you provide the required documents to upgrade this account type.
The required documents normally include a valid ID card, utility bill, a completed form, and passport. After, your account will be opened for more banking service options.
Most bank accounts opened in any Nigerian bank without proper documentation will often lead to some restrictions. However, an upgrade could correct that.
When using a ussd code to open your first bank account, you can use any type of phone including push-button phones. It is only when you want to open the account using FirstMobile App, you will need your android or apple devices.
Other ways to open a first bank account are by visiting the bank branch, nearest Firstmonie Agent, or FirstBank ATM if you are using the Bank’s ATM but you are not a customer of the bank. Meanwhile, we will only be concentrating on how you can open a first bank account online.
HOW TO OPEN FIRST BANK ACCOUNT ONLINE VIA USSD CODE
- To open a first bank savings account, otherwise know as First Instant Account, dial *894*0# from your phone.
- Reply with 1 > Open an account.
- Select “1 > Open with BVN or 2 > Open without BVN.
- BVN is important if you want the account to function, you will need to register and then link with your bank account. However, it does not stop the inflow of cash.
- If you are using BVN and you forgot the numbers, simply dial *565*0# on the mobile number linked to your BVN to recall it.
- Enter your first name and send it.
- Enter your last name and send it.
- Provide all requested contact details.
- Follow prompts to complete the first bank account opening.
- Once successfully opened, you will instantly provide your first bank account number.
HOW TO OPEN FIRST BANK ACCOUNT ONLINE VIA OFFICIAL WEBSITE
- First bank instant savings account can also be opened on the official website. However, click this direct link, https://openaccount.firstbanknigeria.com/Firstinstant for instant access.
- Enter your BVN if you have already registered, if not click on “Register without BVN”.
- However, by choosing to go ahead without your BVN, your account will be placed on temporarily freeze until you provide your BVN. Register your BVN in any bank in Nigeria.
- Enter your mobile number and click on “Generate OTP”
- A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your mobile number, enter the OTP and click “Proceed”
- You will be required to provide your personal information such as first name, last, date of birth, etc.
- Follow prompts to complete the account opening.
- Once done, your unique first bank account number will be instantly sent to your mobile number.
HOW TO OPEN FIRST BANK ACCOUNT ONLINE VIA FIRSTMOBILE APP
- If you own a smartphone, go to the store and download FirstMobile App.
- Select the option to open an account.
- Complete your registration by attending to all that is required of you especially your contact details.
- Follow prompts. When done, your account number will be sent to the mobile number you provided while registering via first bank mobile app.
SEE OTHER RELATED POSTS
- Zenith Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a wema bank account online in Nigeria.
- Stanbic ibtc Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Unity Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- Union Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open a sterling bank account online in Nigeria.
- Polaris Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Heritage Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Guaranty trust bank (GTB) Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open a keystone bank account online in Nigeria.
- Jaiz Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open fcmb bank account online in Nigeria.
- Fidelity Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open an ecobank account online in Nigeria.
- Access Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a UBA account online in Nigeria.
- All you should know about Domiciliary Account.
- How to open a bank account online in Nigeria.