Have you ever tried to launch and access Netflix shows on Netflix.com/tv8 and Netflix.com/Activate, but were asked to enter some set of codes?
It is common with some devices like smart TVs. Without the activation code, you will not be able to sign in or connect to your Netflix account. This normally occurs with a new device, unauthorized device or device that has gotten an upgrade was spotted thereby leading to a disparity between Netflix and the device.
This move is normally to protect your Netflix account from being used by unauthorized persons. If Netflix suspects that someone is trying to use the account, they will be asked to enter a code that can only be sent to your email or phone. If they are not able to do so within a reasonable timeframe, they will be barred from accessing Netflix services.
The highly-rated online streaming service, Netflix has over 200 million users from around the world and the company has constantly been looking for ways to protect users’ accounts from unauthorized users and businesses as well.
ABOUT NETFLIX ONLINE VIDEO STREAMING PLATFORM
Netflix has the capability of delivering high-quality entertainment with several Tv shows and movies available. It is also a platform where you can get all genres of movies and each well categorized to make it easier for users to find and start watching content. The service is streamed through the internet to a wide range of devices such as Smartphones, Computers, TVs, Game Consoles, Blu-ray Players, Streaming Media Players, and Set-top Boxes.
Netflix has discontinued free trials for some time now, but Netflix subscription plans are affordable. If users feel it is not for them, they can cancel plans at any time. The basic plan goes for $8.99 per month with a standard definition (SD) view, and only one device can connect. The standard plan which is rendered via High definition is just $13.99/monthly and only two devices are allowed. The premium plan is $17.99/monthly, supports HD and 4K Ultra HD, and 4 devices are allowed to stream at the same time.
Also, video content from Netflix can be downloaded onto your device so you can watch it anytime you do not have an internet connection or data.
HOW TO USE NETFLIX ON YOUR SMART TV OR BLU-RAY PLAYER
Devices like Blu-ray player, home theater system, projectors, and smart TV can be set up to stream movies and Tv shows from Netflix.
Netflix recommended smart TVs include Samsung, Hisense, Sharp, Toshiba, Sony, Panasonic, Vestel, Philips, etc. Meanwhile, most newer smart TVs will have the Netflix logo or label on them.
Netflix is available in every country and you can expect Netflix to work on most devices, while some will have issues connecting unless they are used in countries they are purchased from. To be on the safer side, ensure you confirm from the manufacturers which can be done via email, phone number, or live chat.
1. To set up, select the ‘[email protected]’ option from the home screen. Alternatively, tap the option on your remote.
2. Tap ‘Netflix’ and click on ‘Sign in’. If it happens there is no such option, simply select ‘Yes’ on the ‘Are you a member of Netflix? screen. However, if you are yet to own a membership card, go to www.netflix.com/signup to register.
3. A code will be sent to you which you are expected to enter on netflix.com/activate.
HOW TO ENTER CODE DISPLAYED ON YOUR TV ~ netflix.com/tv8
To sign up via your TV, your device and internet should be connected to the internet. Go to netflix.com/tv8 on your computer or Mac.
Now back to your TV. Tap ‘internet’ from the home screen, proceed to Netflix, and follow prompts to register your account. You can also tap the Netflix button on the remote.
If you are provided a code, you will need to go back to netflix.com/tv8, enter the code and click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
HOW TO ENTER CODE ON NETFLIX COM ACTIVATE
If your devices keep asking to provide an activation code, follow the following steps to access Netflix:
1. Simply go to www.netflix.com/activate and sign in using your login details.
2. Select the profile you would like to stream or download movies Tv shows from. A family might have their own specific profile with each guided by a 4 digit pin.
3. Provide the code sent to your email or phone in the ‘enter code field’
4. Tap ‘Activate’ to connect to your Netflix account and start watching movies and Tv shows.
HOW TO ACTIVATE NETFLIX ON APPLE TV
Netflix can also be used on Apple TV (2nd generation) and later. Below are steps to use your Netflix account on Apple Tv:
To use Netflix on 2nd generation Apple Tv, navigate to the home screen and select ‘Netflix’ from the menu. Sign in with your details. If you are yet to own an account on Netflix, proceed to the registration page on a browser or web to sign up. Then go back to the Apple Tv and enter your email and password. The device should be connected to Netflix.
If you are using Apple TV (4th generation) or Apple TV 4K (5th and 6th generation), this will take a different approach. To activate Netflix on the Apple TV, you must be on the home screen. After, you will need to go to your App Store from the home screen. Search for Netflix and install. After installation, open the app and sign in with your existing login details. You can create one if you are yet to register.
SETTING UP NETFLIX ON GOOGLE TV
Google TV is an interface that houses content from multiple streaming channels. This is not a device, but software that can be found on a few devices. If your device already has Google TV and is not manufactured between 2012 and 2014, then you can probably connect your Netflix to your device.
To begin the Netflix setup, ensure you are on the home screen and follow the below steps:
Sony Google Tv users should tap the ‘Home button’ on the wireless keyboard remote and then select ‘All apps’. Go to the Netflix app by using the arrow keys on your remote and click once found. Select sign in and log in. If you are yet to create an account, do so on the web and come back to enter the login details.
However, if you are using Hisense Google TV, click the ‘All Apps’ button on your remote > tap ‘Netflix’ and select ‘Member sign in’. Follow the prompts to activate Netflix on the device.
STEPS TO ACTIVATE NETFLIX ON CHROMECAST
Chrome is a device that can be connected to your Television via an HDMI port. It is more like casting your content from your laptop, computer, or smartphone into a bigger screen for an even better experience.
If you are looking for how to cast or activate Netflix on Chrome, follow our guides:
1. First, you will need to download Netflix into your smartphone. It can be found on Google Play Store, and App Store. You can also use it on Microsoft Windows, Chromebook PC, Mac, and then cast to the bigger screen.
2. After installation, ensure you purchase a plan. If you own a Google Chromecast, streaming in 1080p is an option but to stream in 4k which is only available on a premium plan, you will need a Chromecast Ultra. If you are unconcerned, then any of the Netflix plans would do reasonably well.
3. Plug the Chromecast into your HDMI port and the USB cord goes into a nearby outlet using the Chromecast adapter. If done correctly, you should see a bright led shown on the device.
4. Turn on the monitor or screen and navigate to settings. Go to HDMI and set up. Depending on the Chromecast device, you might need to download the Google Home app from the App Store or Google Play Store. Most android users should have the app installed. Now open the app and click the Device icon located at the top of the page. Once your Chromecast has been found, it will be set up automatically. Click ‘Continue’ once ready. Follow prompts.
5. Go back to the Netflix app to enable your device for the various services offered by Netflix. You can also use the official website through your laptop’s Google Chrome browser.
6. Move your cursor or thumb to the right side of your screen, click on the cast icon, and devices currently available will pop up. Select your Chromecast and Netflix will instantly connect to your screen.
GUIDE TO ACTIVATE NETFLIX ON ROKU STREAMING DEVICE | ROKU.COM/LINK
With Roku TV, you can have your favorite TV and movie streaming services including Netflix, Hulu, and many others in one platform, thereby allowing you to watch free and paid video content on TV using the internet.
Netflix enjoys support from Roku and you can set up your Tv to connect to Netflix via Roku.
- To stream and start watching video content from Netflix via Roku, you will need to sign up for a Roku account first.
- Go to your Roku TV and select Netflix from the Home Screen.
- Tap sign in when you get a response from the page. If there is no sign-in option, tap ‘Yes’ on the ‘Are you a member of Netflix?’ screen.
- Login using your email address. If you have not yet registered on Netflix, do so on the web. Now Netflix should be activated on your Roku Tv device.
TIPS ON HOW TO ACTIVATE NETFLIX ON MICROSOFT WINDOWS
Windows tablets or computers can also be activated to show Netflix. The Netflix app can only be used on Windows 8 and later. If you are using a version below that, you will need to adopt a web browser to use your account.
Below is step by step on how to set up and activate Netflix on Windows 8, 10:
1. Go to ‘Start Menu’ on your computer and select ‘Store’
2. On the search bar, enter ‘Netflix’ and begin your search.
3. Once the app shows up, install it on your device and then sign in to continue. If asked to sign in, you can use your Microsoft login details to opt-in.
4. Go back to ‘Start Menu, search for the Netflix app, and launch.
5. Click ‘Sign in’ and provide your email/phone number and password to access Netflix. Create an account if you do not have one yet.
6. Tap ‘Sign in’ and start watching video content from Netflix.
QUICK WAY TO ACTIVATE NETFLIX ON MAC COMPUTER
There is no Netflix app for Mac computers, but you can still access content such as TVs shows and movies from Netflix using your device browser. To achieve that, follow the guides below:
- Go to Netflix Website from your browser and select SIGN IN.
- Provide your email address and password and instantly be connected to your Netflix.
If you also own an Airplay compatible device, then you can cast it to your Mac Computer. First, download the Netflix app on your IOS device that supports Airplay > Have a wifi connection ready > Launch Airplay on your IOS device and select ‘Screen Mirroring’ > identify and choose your Mac > go to Netflix app and start watching by clicking ‘Play’ on your preferred video content.
HOW TO ACTIVATE MY NETFLIX ACCOUNT ON KINDLE FIRE OR FIRE TABLET
If you own a Fire Tablet or Kindle Fire and you are at a loss on how to set up and connect your Netflix to them, below are the procedures:
1. To connect your Amazon Fire TV or Kindle Fire device to your Netflix account, go to the Home screen and click ‘search’
2. On the search bar, enter ‘NETFLIX and send for queries.
3. Once the result comes back, click on the Netflix logo to install or download. It may also display as Free, Get App, or Download.
4. After installation, launch the device from your app and click ‘Sign in’. Enter your login details. Not a member yet? You will need to create a Netflix account on the web.
5. Once logged in, you can start watching Tv shows and great movies on Netflix.
METHOD TO ACTIVATE YOUR MICROSOFT XBOX 360 FOR NETFLIX STREAMING
Netflix can also be connected to MICROSOFT XBOX, but the question is how to activate it?
Here we go with our guides:
1. To watch movies and Tv shows using your Microsoft Xbox, power up your device and go to the Xbox Live profile. You will need to enter with your Login details.
2. Proceed to Microsoft Store and then to the Apps section, tap Netflix. If you are unable to see Netflix, select ‘Search all apps to search for Netflix.’
3. Install the Netflix app.
4. After the installation, tap Launch and sign in to Netflix. At this juncture, you will need to enter your email and password to get access. Create a Netflix account if you do not yet have one.
5. Now start having a great experience with Netflix.
STEPS TO ACTIVATE NETFLIX ON PLAYSTATION PS 3 and 4
It is also possible to activate your Netflix account on Playstation such as P3, P4, and later. Meanwhile, your play station must have internet access as you already know. To do that, ensure you follow the simple steps provided in this section.
1. The first step to activating Netflix on Playstation (PS3) is to boot up the device and login into your PS network account. You should create one if you are yet to register.
2. On the PS network, install the Netflix app by clicking ‘Download’ and let the download begin.
3. After installing the app, go back to the hub and tap ‘Tv and video’ in the case of Ps4.
4. Select the downloaded app, ‘Netflix’ and tap ‘Start’
5. Log into your Netflix account by entering your access details. If you are yet to get one, sign up on the web.
HOW TO ACTIVATE NETFLIX TV ON ANDROID DEVICE
Whether you are using Samsung, Tecno, Infinix, Oppo, Nokia, Xiaomi, LG, etc, as long as they run on Android version 5.0 or later, Netflix should work fine on your device. Below are steps on how to activate Netflix on your Android:
1. Launch ‘Google play store‘ on your Smartphone and search for Netflix within the search field.
2. Install the Netflix app on your device.
3. Open the Netflix app and sign in using your details. If you are not yet a member, register an account.
4. You can now start going through the list of movies and Tv shows and find one you could watch. Alternatively, search for a particular one you will be most interested in.
ACTIVATING YOUR NETFLIX ON IOS DEVICES SUCH AS IPHONE, IPOD TOUCH AND IPAD
Apple IOS devices like iPod touch, Ipad, and iPhone can also be activated to use Netflix. Meanwhile, the device must be running iOS 13 or later.
It is even more simple than most people thought and here are the steps to follow:
1. To activate your Netflix account on iPhone, Ipad, and iPod touch, go to App Store on your device and enter ‘Netflix’ into the search field.
2. Install the Netflix App and open it after installation.
3. Sign in using your login details. For users who are yet to create an account, sign up for access.
4. The IOS device should be connected to your Netflix provided the login details are correct.