Jumia is regarded as the largest online e-commerce marketplace in the whole African region and ever since its establishment in 2012 in Lagos, this platform has established itself in over 23 countries in Africa and with over 3,000 people on its workforce.
The JumiaPay formerly known as Jumia One ranks among the most convenient, the smartest, and the most secure platform for airtime recharging, utility bills payment, and several other things at the best possible prices in Nigeria.
The JumiaPay Payment Option was introduced in 2016 to help customers deal with the “Pay on Delivery” approach which over 70% – 90% of customers appreciated at that time. The payment was a major challenge to Jumia when it started in 2012, so, that necessitated the introduction of the JumiaPay Payment Option.
What is JumiaPay?
The JumiaPay is a third-party online payment option designed by Jumia to offer a faster, safer, and an easy way to make payment after every transaction.
Before the introduction of the JumiaPay, customers on this platform make use of alternative options for items purchased.
More often than not, some of these transactions go through while others do not go through because of some hiccups.
For example, getting a refund for an item ordered for and not delivered usually takes several days and weeks before it is resolved. It works with most banks to deliver a secure payment option where reimbursement is achieved on the go in case something went wrong.
So, it is user-friendly and all that is needed to make payment possible is your JumiaPay email ID, password, and a verification code sent to your mobile phone. Therefore, this process takes off the stress of having to enter your card information for all the payments made.
How JumiaPay works
All Jumia users are eligible to make use of JumiaPay at checkout. After you make an order and you want to move to checkout of items, choose the JumiaPay and click. If it is your first time on JumiaPay, there is a need to register before you can have access to the service.
Also, getting registered will require your bank account number and a verification code sent to your mobile phone through the SMS sent from your bank, an email address, and a password peculiar to the JumiaPay account is also needed to complete the registration.
After completing the registration, you get redirected to the checkout page. Here, you will be required to choose the JumiaPay Payment Option as your desired option, log in with the JumiaPay email address and password. Choose the bank account of your choice and you instantly receive a one-time password from your bank into your mobile phone. These easy, simple, fast, and secure steps complete the payment transaction.
This amazing initiative from Jumia can be likened to the payment option designed by the Chinese e-commerce platform, Alibaba. It helps customers to have the best shopping experience via the AliPay payment option.
Besides, Jumia has guaranteed its users 100% safety on all transactions because of the top-of-the-line security measures and the anti-fraud team put in place.
Also, JumiaPay is compatible with several local Nigerian systems of payment like the Credit cards, Debit cards, and direct debit from a bank account. Also, small, medium and large business ventures interested in making flexible payment plans to their customers can make use of the JumiaPay Payment Option.
Do note that you will need the Phone Number connected to your bank to pay on Jumia app as one time password will be sent to it.
Benefits Of JumiaPay
- Customers could enjoy up to 10% when they use the JumiaPay app.
- Get up to N100,000 jumia loan from the app.
- Have access to popular websites and blogs like punch, nairaland, and saharareporter.
- Add your cards for easy and instant usage.
- Easily order food and groceries without stepping out of your comfort station.
- Enjoy amazing deals when you shop within the app.
- Get up to N500 per person you referred on JumiaPay App.
- New customers could also get up to 20% on their first purchase when they use voucher code WELCOME20.
- Anyone who is looking to make money could do so with Axa Mansand Investment LTD.
- In-app purchases are also available for some selected apps and games.
- Buy waec result checker pin.
- You will be able to view your transaction history anytime.
- You can activate two-way verification for better security.
Other benefits and services to enjoy on JumiaPay
Airtime recharge from the network such as GLO, MTN, Airtel, 9Mobile, and others. You can also buy tickets for events, settle utility bills, and book a ride, place an order from restaurants, and many other things. The app is an all-encompassing app that offers a 4% cash back bonus on airtime recharges and mobile data; this amount could accumulate to about N2,500 cashback.
For bills payment like DSTV, GOtv, Startimes, Smile, Swift, Spectranet, and electricity bills. For the TV subscription payment, you get to enjoy an N50 cashback anytime you renew your subscription.
Interestingly, you could also pay for tolls using the app and save money on every payment;
- To make toll gate payment, select LCC as the toll operator.
- Provide your account number.
- The amount you are paying.
- Confirm your account number and make payment
- That’s it, your payment is completed.
For making an electricity bill payment, your prepaid meter can be topped-up, and also your postpaid electricity bills can be settled anytime and anywhere with no additional charges or convenience fee. Also, this affords the users the opportunity of saving up to N100 every time your bill is settled.
Surprisingly, the app also allows you to manage your finances by creating an avenue for micro-loan services.
Besides, you can purchase flight or bus tickets, book a ride with UBER, buy tickets for events and movies, listen to the radio, access to favourite blogs, and several other interesting things can be done using the JumiaPay option of payment.
How To Download JumiaPay
The Jumiapay is available for both Android and IOS devices, therefore iPhone and iPad would be glad they also get to enjoy cashback when they purchase airtime, data, and even more.
- If you own an android phone, simply go to Play Store.
- Search for JumiaPay.
- Click “Install” to download the app on your SmartPhone.
- iPhone And Ipad Users should also proceed to their store. Search “JumiaPay” and install.
How To Use / Sign Up On JumiaPay
Your JumiaPay account will automatically be set up after you paid for items on Jumia.
- To use or sign up on JumiaPay, simply pay for purchase on Jumia and provide your details on check out.
- Select JumiaPay.
- Choose the bank transfer and select your bank from the list provided for you.
- Alternatively, you can select “Cards” and enter your card details.
- Secure your account by entering your password.
- To confirm your payment, your bank will send you OTP which you are to enter on the app.
- Customers will also be able to register or sign up after downloading the JumiaPay app.
How To Add A New Payment Account On JumiaPay
It is possible to add a debit card or bank account but it has not been removed. You will no longer be able to add a method until when you make a purchase.
The option will come up during check-out and you will be asked to provide your 15 digits on your debit card, CVV and expiry date.