Are you finding it difficult to remember your MTN number? If yes, you are going to find various ways which you can check your MTN number.
MTN is inarguably the biggest telecom in Nigeria with its reach stretch all over the states in Nigeria including FCT. It is not just about the amazing MTN tariff plans and great data plans, but the way they ensure that customers have access to self-care service and MTN customer care when in a corner.
Anyone can forget his or her MTN phone number especially if it was recently acquired. If you have been using your MTN mobile number for long, you should by now know your number off hand.
If you are in this fix, you will find this article valuable as I will be bringing to you how you can check your MTN number via USSD code, numbers dialling and much more.
Method 1: How to check MTN number via USSD code
MTN Nigeria also provides you with different ways to check your MTN number especially if you do not have your MTN sim pack with you. Among them is the use of USSD code to know your MTN phone number.
USSD code has no doubt improved the quality of service in the industries including the banking industry and telecoms. USSD ensures that you do not need to be connected to the internet before performing certain actions.
To check your MTN number via USSD codes, follow the below steps:
- Dial *123# from your dialler’s pad and wait for the onscreen’s options.
- Reply with 1 which is Account info.
- Select My tools by replying with 1.
- You will have your MTN number displayed on your screen.
- In case, you were not able to copy it out. The MTN phone number will also be sent to your inbox.
- Another quick way is to dial *663# or *123*1*1#, the phone number will be displayed on your screen.
Method 2: Check your MTN number by calling another
This is the most popular method people use to check their MTN number and it remains the simplest option. No code to remember and no need to explore the difficulties that come from using the customer care agent.
How does this work? You just need to call someone’s number and request that you will need to copy out your own MTN number from the missed or receiver’s call list.
Method 3: Reach out to MTN customer care to know your number
MTN Nigeria has a way of making life easier for its customers by providing several help channels, among them is through MTN customer care.
With MTN customer care, customers would be able to get their MTN mobile number. Just dial 180 from your MTN to speak to an MTN agent and request for your phone number.
Method 4: Text someone to know your get your MTN number
Another way you could use to get your MTN number is by sending a text message to a friend or family. This is one of the effective ways but comes with a cost, you will be charged N4 for sending a 1 page SMS.
To achieve this, simply send a short message to a number, thereafter ask the recipient to provide you with the sender’s number.
Method 5: By using the “Call me back feature” to check your MTN number
The MTN call me back feature was popular in the early 21st century because of the expensive call charge, it allows you to request a particular person to call you back.
It can also be a key to check your MTN number the easy ways and it comes without any cost.
To send ” MTN call me back” to a number, follow the steps:
- Ensure the number that you are sending a call me back is an MTN number.
- Simply dial *133# from your MTN number.
- Reply with the MTN number, it could be a friend or family.
- From the options, select any and call me back will be instantly sent to the recipient.
- When called back, you could ask the caller to forward your number to you through SMS.