Consumers are constantly looking for the best and cheapest tariff that suits them. We agree this decision is not as easy as thought as some tariff plans are not always what they seem to be.
Having used most of the plans and with friends and family to help inform us better, we can say we are in a position to help you make a fine choice that tends towards your needs.
For MTN tariff plans, the list is almost endless. There is a better choice to make, all depending on what you want.
It is no gainsaying that MTN is the best out there in term of better call rates but sadly, I can’t say the same for their data package. It seems to be on the rise these days.
The high data rate could have something to do with the fact that they have a large customer base compared to their competitors.
Despite all being said, it is a network I have grown fond for years. Their network has been massively equipped to cover most of the parts of the country.
Although in recent times, MTN has discontinued some tariff plans which the reasons are not made known to the general public.
MTN Zone used to be my favourite as it affords me a chance of getting my call for as low as 4 kobo per second. Imagine how much call rate I can make with that?
If you are already salivating on MTN zone, I am sorry to burst your bubble as it is no longer available on the MTN network. Only customers that are already migrated to MTN zone before it discontinued still enjoy this wonderful package.
Now to the business of the day, MTN tariff plans and migration codes, stay back as we are set to give you all you need to know about MTN prepaid plans.
It is difficult to make an argument about which is better between mtn bet talk and mtn pulse. One thing which is clear among the two is that they give you the best value for money. For me, if it is not mtn pulse, then it has to be betatalk.
Now that we are talking about betatalk, it is important to give a better account to help you make a decision. The question now is, how does mtn beta talk work?
MTN betatalk is a prepaid call plan that gives you about 250% bonus airtime on any recharge of 100 and above.
When you make a recharge of NGN100, you get to keep your NGN100 in your main account plus additional NGN250. For NGN200 airtime recharge, you get additional N500. There is no limit to how much you can get on this great plan.
For recharge below N100, there is still 150% bonus. Let us say you recharge NGN50, you will be an extra bonus of NGN75.
Migration to betatalk is free on every first 30 days. Another migration within the first 30 days will attract NGN100 charge. In the event you do not have an amount up to NGN100, you won’t be migrated to this plan. It is the same for other tariff plans.
Pros of MTN Betatalk
- 10mb once a week on any recharge of 100 and above
- Bonus can be used for National calls, send sms and for browsing.
- You can accumulate as much bonus as you want so far you are recharging regularly.
- No daily access fee
Cons of MTN betatalk
- Customers on beta talk won’t be able to use MTN share and sell. The only way you can send airtime is when you migrate to another tariff plan
- Customers will lose their bonus when they migrate out of mtn betatalk. In other words, the bonus is only available when you are on mtn betatalk.
Call charges on mtn betatalk and migration code
Calls within Nigeria from main balance is charged at 42 kobo per second which is about NGN25.20 per minute. Calls from bonus account is charged at 45 kobo per second, giving you NGN27 per minute.
As soon as you exhaust the balance on your bonus plan, you will be charged from the main balance.
To migrate to mtn betatalk, dial *123*2*1# or send “BT” to 131 in text format.
Mtn pulse is inarguably the biggest and the most popular in the country. A package which is believed to be specially made for youth and the young at heart.
As I said, it is always a difficult choice when picking between beta talk and pulse but be it known that both of them are unique in their own way.
MTN pulse comes with several general offers to complement it. You can enjoy music streaming for NGN every day on music plus (music+) and also very cheap night browsing for as low NGN25. MTN Night plan is available fromm 12am to 5am.
Not totally cool with the ever data oozing app, instagram? You can now enjoy special instagram bundle. Instabing lite is capped at 250mb at the rate of NGN100 and instabing heavy capped 1gb at NGN200.
On the mtn pulse, there is much to enjoy. If it is call you love, you have a great deal and if it is data, this is where you should be.
Pros of MTN Pulse
- There is no daily access fee.
- Cheap Night browsing.
- Access to lots of contents on the MTN Pulse.
- You can 100% bonus when you purchase the 500mb weekly data.
- Free data weekly when you recharge NGN100 or more.
Cons of MTN Pulse
- You won’t get the 11k per second offering of the day until you make the first 50-second call at ths rate of 25k per second.
- There is no airtime bonus on recharge.
- The night plan balance cannot be carried over.
Call charges on mtn pulse and migration code
You will enjoy 11k per second on MTN pulse for all local networks in Nigeria after the being charged 25k per second on the first 50 seconds calls each day.
For migration, dial *406*1# or send “406” in a text format to 131. You will receive a confirmation effect immediatly.
You are allowed to migrate free every 30 days. Subsequent migration within the first 30 days will attract NGN100.
MTN XtraValue makes sure you enjoy both worlds whether you are mostly for calls or just data.
It is tariff plan you will want to be if you do not want to sacrifice another for the sake of one. Instead of having to make a tough choice, why not stick with two?
MTN xtravalue bundle is divided into two; if you want more data than airtime, you can pick xtradata bundle. If you are mainly for calls but want less data, xtratalk is for you.
Xtravalue is available to both prepaid and postpaid subscribers.
Pros of mtn xtravalue
- More power to you as you can decide which is priority to you between airtime and data.
- Bundles from NGN2000 can be used while you are abroad.
Cons of xtravalue
- No rollover on unused data and airtime if you renew before expiry.
Call charges on mtn xtravalue and migration code
Need to migrate to mtn xtravalue to enjoy amazing call rate? Dial *131*2# and select your preferred xtravalue plan.
Check your balance by dialling *559*61# or *556#
MTN extraspecial is another initiative from mtn, a special tariff plan that allows you to enjoy your call to any network in Nigeria at the flat rate of 15k per second.
Another icing on the cake is that you can make calls to 18 selected international destinations at the same rate from the very first second.
The countries you can make calls at the flat rate of 15k per second are Luxembourg, Canada, united Kingdom, malta, Cyprus, Romania, USA, China, Israel, India, Ireland, Malaysia, South Africa, South Korea, Germany, China, Denmark hong kong and Cyprus.
Pros of MTN Xtraspecial
- A fixed and cheap rate for your national and international call.
- You can enjoy 50% data bonus when you purchase 2,000 monthly bundles.
- You have access to products and services available on the mtn xtraspecial.
Cons of xtraspecial
You can only make calls at the flat rate on mtn extraspecial to only 18 countries.
Call charges on mtn xtraspecial and migration code
Calls on mtn xtraspecial are charged at 15k per second to all networks in Nigeria and 18 selected countries.
To migrate to xtraspecial, dial *408*1#, *123*2*3# or send “408” in text format to 131. Upon request, you will receive a confirmation message towards that effect.
Here is another big one, MTN awuf4u is a special package that gives customers 200% bonus when they recharge below NGN100. Customers can get much as 300% bonus on recharge above NG100.
For example, you will get additional NGN300 bonus when you recharge NGN100.
MTN Awuf4u is not a tariff plan but an offer that is dedicated to rewarding customers for staying on the network.
Pros of MTN Awuf4u
- When you migrate out of your current tariff plan, you will still get to keep your bonus.
- You can accumulate bonus as much as you want when you recharge using the code.
Cons of MTN Awuf4u
- No bonus when you receive airtime through share and sell.
- You cant transfer airtime to another customer from your awuf4u account.
Call charges on mtn awuf4u and migration code
Calls made within Nigeria is charged at 45k per second and 66k per second for international calls. You can send SMS up to 75 times at the rate of NGN4 weekly.
To get in, buy airtime voucher and dial *888*pin# i.e *888*56417823097612764#
MTN yafunyafun (Starter Pack)
This is a one time offer for new customers that allows them to enjoy cool benefits for 3 months when they register and activate their sim.
Pros of mtn yafunyafun
- 700% bonus on all recharges for 3 months.
- You can enjoy free access to WhatsApp for 3 days
Cons of mtn yafunyafun
- You have limited time to enjoy this service as the plan will be discontinued after 3 months.
Call charges on mtn yafun yafun and migration code
National calls charged at 75k per second from bonus account and 66.67k per second from the main account. Sms charged at the rate of NGN12 from bonus account and NGN4 from the main account.
To be on the mtn yafunyafun, buy a new sim, register and activate it. Select mtn yafunyafun tariff plan from the on-screen prompt that will be displayed.
Notwithstanding, if you fail to do so, you will be migrated to mtn yafunafun.
To view complete details of bonus, dial *559*43#.
MTN Welcome back offer
Do you have a sim that has been lying in waiting for the last 30 to 180 days? Then this deal is for you. MTN gives 2000% bonus on the first recharge of every month for the period of 3 months.
Pros of mtn welcome back offer
- 2000% bonus on the first recharge of the month.
- You also have access to buy 250mb @100 (valid for 3 days, 1gb @200 (valid for 7 days and a whopping 4gb data @ 1000 (valid for a month).
- You can still use your bonus when you migrate out of your current tariff plan.
Cons of mtn welcome back offer
- You won’t be able to receive multiple bonus in a month when you load airtime.
- The plan will be discontinued after 3 months.
Call charges on mtn yafun yafun and migration code
Calls within Nigeria will be charged at 80k per second from the bonus account and at the normal rate of your tariff plan from the main account.
To subscribe to this special data package or check if you are qualified for welcome back offer, dial *131*65#. On request, it will display the plans and you now select your choice.
Remember that it is only for those who have not used their sim for the period 1 to 6 months.
How to migrate to any tariff plan on MTN
In case you want an overview of the available tariff plans on MTN or just want to migrate quickly without having to read reviews on the prepaid plans.
The steps to migrate are as follows –
- Dial *123# on your MTN
- Reply with 2 to have access to the various MTN prepaid plans.
- Select your preferred tariff plan using the number that corresponds with any of them.
- You will receive a confirmation message immediately as regard migration upon request