Do you know that for owning an MTN sim, you can enjoy some amazing MTN welcome back offers?
How do I enjoy all these offers from MTN welcome back? This is exactly the same question that this post is set to answer. I have been enjoying these offers for a while, it is right I let you into it.
MTN welcome back is a reward programs for customers who have spent about 30 to 180 days on the MTN network without any chargeable activities like making calls, browsing, sending SMS or dialling a chargeable USSD code.
MTN welcome back offer is the best reward program by a large margin, no network could be said to be closer at the moment.
What do you get on MTN welcome back? You get 600% value of your MTN recharge when you dialled a dedicated USSD code or use other methods, an amazing welcome back data offers, and a recharge data bonus on recharge.
Understand that if you recharge below N50 or more than N1500, you will not get the 6x welcome back bonus. You must recharge from N50 to N1500 to receive the MTN Welcome Back Recharge Offer. However, I will provide you with a summary to help you understand better.
This is pretty amazing you will say… We could not disagree as well. Forget the recharge bonus, I am all about the data on the MTN welcome back. If you are solely for the recharge, you can as well have both worlds of airtime and data.
What you can get on MTN welcome back (benefits)
- All prepaid customers who have spent at least 30 days with no chargeable activities can enjoy the welcome back bonus.
- Free data bonus when you recharge your MTN line.
- Enjoy great data offers like 1gb for just N200 when on MTN welcome back.
- All physical and logical cards from N50 to N1500 can be used to enjoy the offer.
- Data bonus exhausts first before your normal MTN data plan.
Is MTN welcome back sim the same as MTN welcome back offer?
The answer is NO, they are not the same. MTN welcome back sim is when you will need to replace your MTN sim at any MTN office in Nigeria after it got stolen, lost, damaged, or faulty.
MTN Nigeria is always waiting to welcome you back anytime this happens. To get your MTN sim replaced, you will need to provide any Government-issued ID card and your MTN sim pack. If you have lost your sim pack, you will need to provide an affidavit.
On getting to the MTN office, you will need to purchase a new card, which will house your old MTN phone number. Do note you will still get the same number so far you satisfy the MTN swap conditions.
A form will then be given to you which you are expected to complete with the right information. Among the information required from you are 3 frequently dialled numbers, your last recharge, year of purchase, mother’s maiden name, and your current MTN tariff plan.
After you have fulfilled all conditions needed to carry a successful swap at the MTN office. The customer care agent will work on the technical aspect and you will be required to pay at least N150 or N200 as the cost of the MTN swap.
At times, you might be persuaded to purchase an MTN airtime or data. Do it if only it is convenient for you. Do not be prodded into buying it when it is not convenient. You could explain to the agent in a respectful manner and I am sure he or she will understand.
How to activate MTN welcome back offer
There are 3 ways to join or subscribe to the welcome back offer, they are via recharge option, SMS option or USSD option.
- For the SMS option, text Send WBO to 131 to activate the welcome back option.
- You can also subscribe to welcome back using *131*66#
- Alternatively, dial *161*# from your phone. After the first recharge, you will get a prompt message to opt-in.
How to check account balance on the MTN welcome back
- After you have recharged, you will able to check your account balance using *151#.
- Your phone’s screen will immediately display your win-back bonuses.
Summary of the MTN welcome back offer
- N50 MTN recharge will give you 50MB (data bonus of equal value of the recharge) and N300 (6x the value of your MTN top-up) as Airtime. It is valid for 14 days.
- N100 MTN recharge will give you 100MB (data bonus of equal value of the recharge) and N600 (6x the value of your MTN top-up) as Airtime. It is valid for 14 days.
- N200 MTN recharge will give you 200MB (data bonus of equal value of the recharge) and N1200 (6x the value of your MTN top-up) as Airtime. It is valid for 30 days.
- N400 MTN recharge will give you 400MB (data bonus of equal value of the recharge) and N2400 (6x the value of your MTN top-up) as Airtime. It is valid for 30 days.
- N500 MTN recharge will give you 500MB (data bonus of equal value of the recharge) and N500 as Airtime. It is valid for 30 days.
- N750 MTN recharge will give you 750MB (data bonus of equal value of the recharge) and N750 as Airtime. It is valid for 30 days.
- N1000 MTN recharge will give you 1000MB (data bonus of equal value of the recharge) and N1000 as Airtime. It is valid for 30 days.
- N1500 MTN recharge will give you 1500MB (data bonus of equal value of the recharge) and N1500 as Airtime. It is valid for 30 days.
MTN Welcome back special data bundles
There are also some special MTN welcome back data to enjoy. It is very cheap and comes with sufficient validity period to consume the data.
For instance, MTN 1gb for N200 comes with 7-day validity and 4gb MTN data for just N1000 with 30 days validity period. If you have no data activities since last 60 to 180 days, you will be able to activate the MTN welcome back data.
Do know that you will not be able to gift data to family and friends from the Welcome Back Data Bundle. However, you can share via hotspot.