Sir John Monash Scholarship for Excellence
The Ng Kong Lin Family Scholarship is sponsored by the Ng family, who are of Malaysian heritage and have three generations of Monash University graduates.
The scholarship was named after Mr Ng Kong Lin, a prominent figure in modern Chinese history who appreciated education and sent two of his children to Monash University in the 1960s, despite the fact that it was uncommon for his time.
What is its objective? To assist financially limited students from Malaysia to attend Monash University by offering scholarships.
If you pass the scholarship application, you may get up to $360,000 in tuition fee and study costs assistance.
With this money, you’ll be able to finish a full-time single undergraduate degree at one of Monash’s Australian campuses, as well as fully immerse yourself in Australian culture.
Total scholarship value: Up to $360,000 AUD over four years
Number offered: One per year
Malaysian students aspiring to study Abroad in Australia
Requirements & Other Criteria:
- Have not previously studied at Monash
- Must be a Citizen of Malaysia
- You haven’t commenced study at any university
- You must be able to prove that you come from a low income household
- Apply for a full-time Monash course offer in any single degree*, at Monash University, at a campus in Australia
- Double degree applicants are not eligible for the scholarship offer
- Tuition fees
- Annual $14,000 AUD allowance
- On-campus accommodation.
- Direct application are to be made for on-campus accommodation, to apply directly to Monash Residential Services (MRS).
- Eligible Student visa costs
- You also get additional $3,000 AUD one-off establishment payment in the first year of study
- One return flight in the first year of admission
One scholarship available in 2022, for commencement in February 2023.
If there are several outstanding applicants, the panel may decide to give additional scholarships.
- The award will be given on the basis of exceptional academic performance and financial need.
- Student assessment will be based on the personal goal statement of 750 words and financial assistance statement of 500 words.
To retain this scholarship:
- You must maintain a full-time study load.
You must maintain a minimum Weighted Average Mark of 50.