Until one spends several hours in the queue, one may never appreciate the profound satisfaction of doing things online. All banks in Nigeria now allow customers to have a bank account opened in Nigeria.
Whether you are new or just need an additional bank account in Nigeria, it is now a simple process with no priority given to data to operate your account. This product is designed to give everyone a chance to own a bank account, the most important things you need to open an account yourself are any type of phone and a registered GSM sim.
Another way to open a bank account in Nigeria is through internet banking or mobile app. However, we will be concentrating on the USSD code to open the account. If you own a smartphone, you can just download and open it. Alternatively, the account can also be opened on the banks’ official site.
WHAT YOU NEED TO OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT
It is very easy to open a bank account in Nigeria. Nevertheless, if asked to provide some certain information into the field, ensure the below information is correct for future reference.
1. Full Names
These are very important and need to be entered carefully if asked. The bank may want to verify or help you resolve some issues with your bank in the future, therefore there is no need to put wrong or fake names during the bank account opening online.
Take note of the first name, middle name, and last name. Ensure there are no errors. First name and middle names are your names while the Last Name is your Family name. All names must harmonize with your BVN and Government-regulated ID card, “John” should be “John” on every virtual or physical document with the bank.
2. Date Of Birth
There is no reason to lie to the bank about your age. The bank needs your date of birth on their system and also for security purposes. I have been in a situation where I need to have my account sorted out and date of birth is one of the questions I would be asked to provide.
Also, at the bank, you may need to provide your Government-regulated ID card which will probably have your correct date of birth. This could become an issue if you have already lied about it.
3. Bank Verification Number (BVN)
Bank verification number may not be needed at the time of opening your Nigerian bank account but you will need it when you want to withdraw funds from the bank. To avoid issues, have your BVN ready.
Therefore, proceed to any Nigerian bank to have BVN registered and save your account from being frozen in the future. It is free to register your Bank Verification Number (BVN). Upon registration, you will be provided with a unique 11 digit number.
If you have already registered your BVN and you do not have the code, dial *565*0# from your GSM phone.
It is easier to open an account online if you are a Nigerian. Foreigners might need to visit the bank during the working hours to have their account openings.
The customer care department of the bank will be happy to help out with the procedure. This is an unusual case, therefore you need professional advice.
Minors are not allowed to open an account on their own without the approval or consent of their guardian or parent. If you are over 18 years, you are allowed to open this zero savings account.
Even though it is online, you will still need to provide your physical address. The bank needs to know where you reside for future reference
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- The bank account can be opened on any GSM network in Nigeria.
- It is a zero bank account, that is there is no minimum amount required to operate the account.
- It allows you to send and receive money to and from friends, families, and business partners across all banks in Nigeria.
- Service does not require the completion of physical forms.
- Data is not required to operate the account. However, your transaction may be limited until you upgrade the account.
HOW TO OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT ONLINE
Opening an account with any Nigsrian bank will only require you to get their ussd code or use their official channels. Once you have dialed the code, follow carefully the simple instructions. Upon successful registration, your account number will be sent to your phone’s inbox.
- To open an Access Bank (Diamond Bank) account, dial *901*0#.
- To open an Ecobank account, dial *326*1#
- To open a Fidelity Bank account, dial *770#.
- To open First Bank account, dial *894*0#.
- To open a First City Monument Bank (FCMB) account, dial Dial *329#.
- To open a Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB), dial *737*0#
- To open a Jaiz Bank account, dial *773#
- To open a Heritage Bank account, dial *745 and reply with “2”.
- To open a Keystone Bank account, visit the bank official page, www.keystonebankng.com/open-accountb.php.
- To open a Polaris Bank (Formerly Skye Bank) account, dial *833*1#
- To open Stanbic IBTC Bank account, dial *565*0# on your phone.
- To open a Standard Chartered Bank account, visit the official website or download the app from Play Store or App Store.
- To open Sterling Bank account, dial *822*1#.
- To open a union bank account, visit their official site, www.unionbankng.com.
- To open a United Bank For Africa (UBA) account, dial *919*20#
- To open a unity Bank account, dial *7799# and follow the simple instructions.
- To open a Wema Bank account, dial *945*1#
- To open a Zenith Bank account, dial *966*0# on your phone.
SEE OTHER RELATED POSTS
- Zenith Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a wema bank account online in Nigeria.
- Stanbic ibtc Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Unity Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a first bank account online in Nigeria.
- Union Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open a sterling bank account online in Nigeria.
- Polaris Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Heritage Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Guaranty trust bank (GTB) Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open a keystone bank account online in Nigeria.
- Jaiz Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open fcmb bank account online in Nigeria.
- Fidelity Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open an ecobank account online in Nigeria.
- Access Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a UBA account online in Nigeria.
- All you should know about Domiciliary Account.