United Bank For Africa (UBA) remains strong and better to the extent that it has now become one of the most sought banks in Nigeria. Therefore, if you are looking to open a UBA account, we are here to help you open it online.
Going to the bank these days for any of the banking services requires patience. On getting to the bank, you will first be bewildered by a large number of people in the queue and then the usual protocol which mostly revolves around filling a long list of forms.
This is very stressful if you ask me especially if you have a 9-5 job. Fortunately, you have a bank that cares and wants you to bank the easy way. United Bank For Africa (UBA) has ensured you have quite several ways to carry out banking transactions, but this article will only help with how you can open a UBA account online with your phone or using your internet-enabled devices.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- It only takes less than 5 minutes to open a UBA bank account online.
- Customers can deposit and withdraw money at any UBA branch or UBA ATM.
- Customers can save time by avoiding the usual stress of filling a long list of details on the bank account opening form.
- Earn a high-interest rate on your savings and be eligible for online banking services, that let you bank on the go.
- Zero operating balance and zero opening balance for an instant account.
- Customers can request a debit card for easy access to all products and services.
- The best product for low-income earners.
THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT OPENING A UBA ACCOUNT ONLINE
Most customers open an account online without knowing how it works and this is one of the reasons we feel we should let you know things that may not be revealed to you during account opening registration.
UBA Bank allows customers to open any kind of account including current and diaspora accounts. You might be wondering what is a Diaspora Account? this account is for those who live or work Abroad.
Customers can also open an account on their GSM phone and this is completely an account without documentation. However, an account opened without documentation has some restrictions you will have to deal with. Instant account that does not require documentation comes with a maximum deposit of N50,000 per transaction and a maximum account balance of N300,000.
Notwithstanding, that does not mean one can cross the boundary, but your account will be subjected to a temporary freeze until you upgrade your savings account to a normal savings account using your Government Issued ID Card and Utility Bill.
A normal savings account gives you the power to do more. UBA Customers with a normal savings account will be able to have unlimited funds in their accounts plus other exciting benefits. This is the account you should be rooting for if you are a high-income earner.
HOW TO OPEN A UBA ACCOUNT ON PHONE VIA USSD CODE
- To open a UBA Bank Account on any GSM phone, dial *919*20#.
- Upon dialing the code, a message pops up, “Welcome to UBA Account Opening Service. Do you have a BVN number?”
- Select “1” for Yes and “2” for No. To check your BVN number, dial *565*0#.
- Enter all personal information including first name, last name, date of birth, gender, etc.
- Once registration is completed, your UBA account number will be sent to your inbox.
- Alternatively, you can also open an account by dialing *919# on your phone, select 8 (Next), 6 (Next), 6 (Next) again, then select 4 to open an account. Follow the prompt to get your account number.
OPEN UBA ACCOUNT VIA CHAT WITH LEO ON FACEBOOK
- Another customers can open an account with UBA is by using a service called, “Chat with Leo on Facebook“.
- Tap “Get Started to enter the chat room.
- Select, “Account Opening” from the list of options.
- To open your account, You would need to provide the following information: Mobile Number, Name, Date of Birth, Physical Address, Email Address, and Passport Photograph.
- Follow online prompts to complete your transaction.
- Upon completion, your UBA account number will be generated and sent to your email address and phone number.
HOW TO OPEN A UBA ACCOUNT ONLINE ON PHONE VIA WEBSITE
- To open a UBA account on phone via the website, visit www.ubagroup.com/open-a-uba-account-online on your browser.
- Select what type of UBA Account you want to open, savings, or current account.
- If you select UBA savings account, you will need to enter all personal information. Meanwhile, choose your country and click, “submit”.
- Select Savings Account Type, if you are a Nigeria, you can choose between UBA Nigeria Account and UBA Diaspora Account.
- Enter your BVN if you have one and if not, “Click “Open without BVN”. Dial *565*0# to check your BVN. Cost N20.
- Provide all personal information. For the passport, you can use your phone camera and then upload it in the section. The same goes for signature if you have no scanner.
- Select, “I agree to the terms and conditions” and click “Submit” to process your online account opening.
- Once review, you will get your UBA account number.
OPEN A UBA ACCOUNT VIA WHATSAPP
There are quite many ways you can open a UBA account as I stated before. Another way to open a uba account instantly is via the WhatsApp number, 09030010007.
Save the number as one of your phone contacts and go to Whatsapp.
Alternatively, you can quickly access the UBA WhatsApp via https://wa.me/2349030010007. Send any command like, “Hi” and you will be provided with the menu. For account opening, reply with “B”. Follow the prompts to quickly open a uba bank savings account.
OPEN A UBA ACCOUNT VIA MOBILE BANKING APP
We are not done yet. Customers who own a smartphone can also open an account by going to their respective stores, Google Play Store for Android Users and Apple Store for iPhone Users.
Search for UBA Mobile Banking App, click “install” to have the app downloaded and installed on your phone. Launch the app and click “Open Account” to have an account with UBA.
Once you are done with your registration, you will receive your UBA account number via SMS.
SEE OTHER RELATED POSTS
- Zenith Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a wema bank account online in Nigeria.
- Stanbic ibtc Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Unity Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a first bank account online in Nigeria.
- Union Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open a sterling bank account online in Nigeria.
- Polaris Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Heritage Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Guaranty trust bank (GTB) Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open a keystone bank account online in Nigeria.
- Jaiz Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open fcmb bank account online in Nigeria.
- Fidelity Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open an ecobank account online in Nigeria.
- Access Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- All you should know about Domiciliary Account.
- How to open a bank account online in Nigeria.