When it comes to sharing videos and photos interestingly with friends and family, Instagram is your go-to social media platform. It has a wide range of features that constantly appeals to young adults, individuals, and business owners who want to communicate with their audience with appealing photos and videos.
However, there has been a limit placed on the length of videos you can post per time. Of course, this can be annoying when you intend to share something a bit longer, but there are ways around it. Read on to find out how to upload a one hour/long video on Instagram right now, in this article.
1. Post Multiple Clips Of The Video
If you have a video that exceeds Instagram stories’ 15-second video requirement, let’s say a minute video, then you can simply choose the Select Multiple option.
And when you pick your choice of video to upload, the videos will automatically be trimmed into multiple 15-seconds videos. This means the video would continue when one 15-seconds clip of the video ends.
If you do not like that option, then consider editing the video before uploading to Instagram Stories. You can also consider going old-fashion by sharing the clips directly to Instagram instead of Stories.
Ensure they are in the proper order and follow the steps below:
- Click the ‘+’ to include videos and images from your camera. Select the option to add multiple pieces of content.
- Choose your preferred clips, click on Next.
Edit clips as you want and click on Next.
- Add caption and location to your video and click Share.
2. Use A Third-Party App
There are several apps that can make your video upload effectively and easier. You may also reduce the length with the help of either of these apps. Consider apps such as Storysplitter, Story Cutter for Android, and Cutstory for iPhone users.
3. Use Instagram Reels
Instagram introduced Reels in August 2020 as an option for uploading videos. It is not the same with the regular videos as it can be edited thoroughly in-app, with music added and transitions used.
You can find them on a separate tab within a user’s page and the explore page. It would automatically play the following video after it finished playing the current one. This makes it easy for videos to gain traction unlike regular page posts or stories.
4. Go Live!
Unlike posting on Stories and as a post, if you want your video to be whole, then consider going live! With live videos, you can share videos that are up to 1 hour in length, and since these live videos do not stay for long on the platform, Instagram now makes it possible to do replays for your followers for as much as 24- hours.
The video appears on the Instagram feed of the follower and plays the same as an Instagram story.
Follow these steps to share a live video with your friends:
- Click the camera icon from the top left of your screen. Click on Live located at the tail-end of the screen, then record.
- Click Friends with smiley icons, choose the names of the friends you want to see your live video and add as many as you want.
- They will need to accept the invitation to be able to see your video. If they accept, they will appear on the split-screen view. And if you wish to remove the person you have invited, simply select Cancel at the top right corner of the screen.