It leaves a sour taste in our mouths when we wake up each day only to realize some countries still do have not have full benefits of business PayPal account.
Developed countries like USA, UK, Canada, and others won’t experience this as they already have their currency supported.
Paypal, as the majority of people know, is the most popular payment gateway in the world. Its popularity and relevance stretch across Africa, Asians, and other continents. It is now available in about 200 countries and now supports 22 currencies.
The currencies currently supported on business PayPal account are Great Britain Pound, New Zealand Dollar, Philippine Peso, Norwegian Krone, Mexican Peso, Australian Dollar, Swiss Franc, Canadian Dollar, Czech Koruna, Danish Krone, Japanese Yen, Israeli New Shekel, Euro, Hong Kong Dollar, Forint, Taiwan new dollar, Baht, Swedish krona, Singapore dollar, Russian ruble and Polish zloty.
People do say the reason, why Nigerians and some other countries do not enjoy the full benefits of PayPal business account, is because of the high rate of fraud which I find preposterous. There are other developed countries in the world that their PayPal account is limited while some do even have access to PayPal due to their respective countries’ standing rules and regulations.
Does it not surprise you that North Korea has no access to PayPal at all? There is also a great list of countries who can’t use PayPal or even have their account limited like in the case of Nigeria. Countries like Sudan, Burma, Belarus, Liberia, Iran, Korea, Syria, Sierra Leone, Balkans, Zimbabwe, Lebanon, and Congo cannot use PayPal.
Irrespective of what everyone thinks, Paypal is yet to give a reason why some countries have their account restricted but not in the case of countries that do not have PayPal support.
Paypal put up a vaguely expressed statement for prohibited countries, its reason was that there are some countries who will not be able to enjoy the full functionality of Paypal due to risk that may emerge. It expressed further that sanctions and regulation from the apex institutions in respective countries are also one of the various reasons why some countries do not enjoy the full benefits of PayPal business account.
Now the trending question is how they can open a PayPal account that can send and as well receive payment?
Most people find it easier shopping online or sell their wares using the Paypal payment gateway. Hence, the need why most people need an account that can send PayPal funds and as well receive.
Although PayPal has two types of account which are Business PayPal and PayPal Personal Account. In this article, you will only learn how to open a PayPal business account that can send and receive, in other words, an account that exhibits all functions of Paypal business account.
What is Paypal Account & How Does It Work?
Having made a few remarks about PayPal in the introductory aspect of this article, I believe you now have an idea of what PayPal is all about.
Not enough? I will need to simplify it yet broad a bit.
Paypal account is one quick and secure way to pay for good and services online.
You have done a lot of buying in stores or from merchants where money passed by hands with an exchange of goods or services taking place. The only difference is that this is now done on the web.
It now makes it easier for e-commerce sites or merchants to earn even when they are in bed. I could wake up in the middle of the night, order an item and pay using my PayPal. That is how vast technology has gone. I don’t need to wait till a physical office opens in the morning coupled with ever reliable buyers protection from PayPal.
No hard feeling, you are not satisfied? Open a dispute. Extend to claims if you are unable to find common ground with the seller.
How To Open A Normal Nigerian Paypal Account
As at the time of putting up this note, Nigerian PayPal has limitations. Although I have already pointed it out, it is just to bring it back in case You already forgot.
With Nigerian PayPal account, you won’t be able to receive PayPal funds. You can only send PayPal funds using your linked debit or credit card. Both virtual card and physical card are supported.
Note that this method works for all countries, it does not matter whether your country supports all functionalities or has limitations. If your country does not support at all, you need to get is a good VPN.
- To open a normal Nigeria Paypal account, enter https://www.paypal.com into your browser.
- Click on Get Started to start the normal PayPal process.
- Enter your information on the new page and click on NEXT after you have confirmed that all information is provided. Make sure your password has at least one number or symbol and characters up to 8.
- On the new page, you are going to provide all your other details including your correct mobile number and click on AGREE AND CREATE ACCOUNT.
- Check the email you used for further instructions. With normal Nigerian PayPal account, you can send payments or pay for goods and services. The limitation is that you are unable to receive PayPal funds.
- The next step is to add your card. Debit & Credit cards can be linked to open up your PayPal account for transactions.
How to Open A Paypal Account That Can Send & Receive Money
Here is the complete package of PayPal Account. It allows you to send and receive PayPal funds.
It is the PayPal Account that everyone wants to be compared to the one that has limitation. The best thing about using Business PayPal is that you have your funds to keep as long as you want. Get paid anytime irrespective of the day, period or time.
Opening a PayPal that send and receive funds will be pretty easy as long as you follow the steps I will show. I will advise you to open a separate Email account for the Business PayPal Account. It is to help avoid issues that may occur in the future.
Don’t fidget yet. There are no currently reported cases about Verified Business PayPal Account. I was only trying to help you guide against any event that may occur in the future and as well help guide against your official email account. Who knows, one day PayPal might grant full benefits to your country and you need your main email account to be functioning or waiting for an upgrade.
Do note that this is Lesotho Business Paypal account that can send and receive Paypal fund.
- The first thing you need to do is connect to the internet. Then, enter https://www.paypal.com/ls/webapps/mpp/merchant in your browser.
- If you are on mobile, scroll down and click on Get Started. For PC users, you will instantly see because of ever landscape view on Computer.
- A new page will open asking you to enter your email address. Use the email address you just created. Fill in other details requested. Be sure you use your real names. When you get to the column where you will select country change the country to Nigeria and enter your mobile number. In the case of Nigeria, use 23480xxxxxx11; just follow the format to enter your mobile number. You can decide to leave dollar as your primary currency. Click on Agree And Continue to move to the next phase.
- On this new page, select individual if you are running one. There are about 7 categories to choose from but for the purpose of this tutorial, I will be choosing Individual. Select and click on your business category, I used women ready to wear stores for mine.
- Change the country to Nigeria on the newly opened page. You can select any of the required documents to verify. If you own a National ID card, enter your NIN to complete the process. Input your date of birth and click SUBMIT when you are done.
Note: Without verification, your account will be limited. You will need to link a card; physical card and virtual card are accepted. The verified PayPal account is free.
How To Link Your Card To Get Your Verified Paypal Business Account
The next item on the table is to verify your PayPal business account. This opens all benefits attached to Paypal business account.
Before we continue on the verification process. Attached below is how a Verified Business PayPal Account looks like. From the image, you can see that there is no more red alert asking to verify or link your cards.
If your bank debit card fails you, use a virtual debit card to verify your account as I did. Mine was a gift from Capterra for reviewing software and in return, I have made over $180 from them.
There are so many options out there for your virtual card, you can go to getbarter.co to create one. This is only to confirm your account using credit or debit card which will attract a dollar fee of 1.95.
The $1.95 will be returned after the card is confirmed. Your statement will come with 4 digits. Upon slotting in the 4 digits and confirm successfully, you will now have full benefits of a Business PayPal Account.
- To get it fully up, go to setting on your Paypal dashboard. Click on it.
- Select and click on MY MONEY. Click update to open up a new interface. Click on Link and confirm my card. Your card number is the 16 digits on the face of the card while the CVV is the 3 digits at the back of the card. Enter the expiry date as it appears on the card.
- Move your cursor and click on LINK CARD. If your debit card does not work, try other banks card. If all fails, virtual debit card won’t fail because it works for me.
- The next step is to confirm your card by entering the 4 digits code you received. If you did not get it instantly, chill a bit, it will arrive. If you have been charged with no hitch, you should receive an alert. The alert will come with the 4 digits before the word, CODE. You will also get the $1.95 returned to you.
- Locate Wallet on your Paypal Dashboard and click on it. Enter the 4 digits code sent alongside your statement.
- You now have a working verified account that does not need VPN to work.