Good News! You can now pursue your dreams of studying in Canada, as the University of Waterloo 2022/2023 scholarship is currently the program is currently open. This article will shine more light on all you need to know about this scholarship program, how to apply, and what you stand to gain.
The University of Waterloo, located in Canada, hosts an annual scholarship program for undergraduates, masters, and Ph.D. students. The scholarship program is currently open to all full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students applying to study in Canada.
Successful applicants will be scrutinized based on academic performance by their respective faculties, where the best of the best students will be selected for admission and considered for the scholarship program. Successful applicants for the scholarship scheme are expected to receive over $5,000 in grants from the university.
Aside from offering a fully-funded scholarship program, the University of Waterloo is highly ranked amongst the top universities in Canada. The University is famous for its dynamic education programs. The University also provides employment opportunities to its students upon successful completion of their academic studies.
The University of Waterloo also grooms future leaders by instilling managerial skills and offering development program courses. Successful applicants are also given a platform to showcase and develop their creativity and leadership traits in diverse fields of study.
Eligibility Criteria Into The University Of Waterloo Undergraduate Scholarship Program
Find out if you are eligible to apply for the University of Waterloo scholarship program if you meet the following criteria. Candidates are expected to possess the following in other to qualify for the scholarship program;
- Candidates must be able to read and write in English proficiently
- Applicants are encouraged to apply from any part of the world, as there are no country restrictions.
- Full-time undergraduates or postgraduate students are welcome to apply for the University of Waterloo scholarship program.
- Candidates will be judged based on their academic performance, where undergraduate applicants are expected to score a minimum of 70% in their entrance examination, and postgraduate students are expected to score a minimum of 75% in their entrance examination.
- International students are expected to obtain a valid study permit from the Canadian government.
- Students who major in research-based programs are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants are expected to be in their first year before applying for the scholarship program.
- Applicants must have displayed excellence in their academic field of study throughout their first year.
- Applicants must not have any form of academic deficiencies (e.g., a probational admission offer).
- Applicants must not be receiving any form of sponsorship from an external government agency or currently enjoying any form of fully funded scholarship.
- Each faculty in the university of Waterloo university will decide the criteria they will use to select successful candidates, where diverse faculties might impose higher standards before selecting students.
NB; (I) Do note that the award program can also open the door to other scholarship programs outside the university of Waterloo.
(II) Deadline for the University of Waterloo scholarship program for undergraduates is July 15, 2022, while postgraduate students are expected to submit their application before November 15.
Benefits Of the University Of Waterloo Scholarship Program
Successful applicants are entitled to receive the following;
- Applicants will receive $2,500, which is expected to cover their one-year tuition fee.
- Applicants will receive an additional $5,000 for their one-year session experience and are most likely to receive up to $10,000 for their two-year session experience.
- Masters students will receive the sum of over $10,000 throughout their study experience.
How To Apply For The University of Waterloo Scholarship
If you are seeking to enjoy many benefits that the University of Waterloo offers in 2022/2023, You can apply by following the following processes;
- Applicants are expected to apply for the University of Waterloo Undergraduate or postgraduate program. You can access the form on the school’s website. Applicants must attach proof of results or previous academic degree with the application form.
- Applicants are expected to submit their application form in English on the University website.