MTN Nigeria, the first telecom operator in Nigeria have great data bundle called MTN data plan. The plans are categorized into five; daily, weekly, monthly, 60 days plan, 90 days plan, and quarterly plan.
If you planning to be connected for some days or months; weekly, monthly or quarterly might be what you need. For just a sprint run, the daily plan can serve you well.
Now that the competition between network providers is unlike what we have seen in recent years. This is good for customers who want more value for their money.
You get to choose between the best players in Nigeria. The other networks are not slowing down too. Everyone had to upgrade to have a better stance in the market share but in the long run, only the best will have the biggest share.
This post is not to inform you about which network provider you should join but guide you on how to activate data plan on MTN network based on what you want.
Just like I have always done, the post will comprise of the validity and prices as well. You should not dial a code without knowing the plan details.
This is an article to provide you with every MTN data plans you might not know or missed out.
Before we commence it is important to let you know that that MTN also has a wonderful package called MTN Goodybag. This package powers up your favourite social plans and you get activate for as low as NGN25
The MTN smart code for data is *131#. When you dial this code, you have access to a range of data plan on the MTN Network.
How to Activate The Daily Data Plan On MTN
The daily mtn plan runs for 24 hours. It is a one day deal, good for users who just need the internet for a few things. It supports all phones types.
Maybe sending or checking mail, responding to messages on social platforms, few updates or downloads and many more are just you need to do, then this is for you.
- 40mb – NGN50 – Available for 24 hours
- Always on data 200mb – NGN60 – Available for 24 hours.
- 100mb – NGN100 – Available for 24 hours
- 1gb – NGN300 – Available for 24 hours
Note: When you are on mtn night plan, your main balance and bonus data will be suspended while the mtn night plan on pulse takes the wheel.
2 days MTN data plan
- 2gb – NGN500 – Available for 2 days.
- 2.5gb – NGN500 – Available for 2 days.
3 days MTN data plan
- 200mb – NGN200 – Available for 3 days.
Weekly MTN Data Plan Code, Validity & Prices.
As the name suggests, this plan lasts for 7 days. An upgrade on the daily plan if you want more than just a daily offer.
The weekly plan can be used on any types of phone. Lets me get you up to speed about the plan details;
- 450mb – NGN120 – Available for 7 days.
- 350mb + 350mb for Youtube – NGN300 – Available for 7 days.
- 750mb + 1Gb for Youtube – NGN500 – Available for 14 days.
- 750mb + 1 hour Youtube daily – NGN500 – Available for 7 days.
- 1gb + 1gb for Youtube – NGN500 – Available for 7 days.
- 2gb + 2gb for Youtube – NGN500 – Available for 14 days. Dial 131*105#.
- 6gb – NGN1500 – Available for 7 days.
MTN Monthly Data Plan
- 1.5gb + 2gb for Youtube – NGN1000 – 30 days.
- 2gb + 4gb for Youtube- NGN1200 – 30 days.
- 3gb + 4gb for Youtube – NGN1500 – 30 days.
- 4.5gb + 4gb for Youtube – NGN2000 – 30 days.
- 6gb + 4gb for Youtube- NGN2500 – 30 days.
- 10gb + 4gb for Youtube – NGN3000 – 30 days.
- 15gb – NGN3000 – 30 days.
- 12gb + 4gb for Youtube – NGN3500 – 30 days.
- 20gb + 4gb for Youtube – NGN5000 – 30 days.
- 25gb – NGN6000 – 30 days.
- 45gb – NGN6000 – 30 days.
- 40gb – NGN10000 – 30 days.
- 75gb – NGN15000 – 30 days.
- 120gb – NGN20000 – 30 days.
- 200gb – NGN30000 – 30 days.
MTN 2 Months Data Plan
This data plan is for 2 months mtn plan and offers great value for the amount you will be charged:
- 30gb – NGN8000 – 60 days.
- 100gb – NGN20000 – 60 days.
- 160gb – NGN30000 – 60 days.
MTN 3 Months Data Plan Code
- 400gb – NGN50000 – 90 days.
- 600gb – NGN75000 – 90 days.
MTN 6 Months Data Plan Code
- 800gb – NGN90000 – 180 days.
MTN Yearly Data Plan
- 1tb – NGN100000 – 365 days.
- 2.5tb – NGN250000 – 365 days.
- 4.5tb – NGN450000 – 365 days.
Youtube Video Streaming Packs on MTN
- 1 hour youtube pack – NGN150 – 24 hours – Text “VP1” to “131” to activate data plan.
- 3 hours youtube pack – NGN400 – 24 hours – Text “VP3” to “131” to activate data plan.
- 5 hours youtube pack (Available from 12 am to 5 am) – NGN50 – 24 hours – Text “VP5” to “131” to activate data plan.
- 7 hours youtube pack (Available from 11 pm to 6 am) – NGN200 – 7 days – Text “VP7” to “131” to activate data plan.
How to buy MTN Data Plan
There are different ways you can purchase the MTN data plan. They are:
1. Visit the MTN offcial website to subscribe to a data plan.
2. Download and install the myMTN app. Launch the app, go to Bundle and click Data Bundle to subscrbe to your preffered plan.
3. Dial *141# for MTN data subscription.
4. Call the MTN customer care for help. Ensure you have sufficient airtime on your line before calling them.
MTN Data bundle plan has been reformed to satisfy the demands of the customers. It now gives you more value for money plus it is available for everyone on the Network.
Auto renewal is also available when you subscribe for any plan. This service transfers your unused data to the next one. If you can’t make use of your data offer now, you can have them piled up for you so far you still renew the plan.
I always advise people not use their airtime to browse especially if you are using a smartphone. Java is not that bad as it does not use several bytes to power up.
Smartphone consumes data based on the nature of its service but if you want to browse with your airtime, the code to dial is *131*200#. It is NGN3 per megabyte.
So far, we have seen more improvements on MTN Network. The company has done a good job with covering almost every place in Nigeria. I no longer lose network whenever I am travelling compared to when they first started.
It’s a long walk for MTN and they are almost there. There is a reason why they have the largest customers base in Nigeria, the quality of their service and the intensity to improve could be the reasons.
What is more, mtn night plan is not bad. You can get to download or do some heavy stuffs for as low as NGN25. I personally use the mtn night plan to update my apps, watch youtube or missed football match, download videos, download games and many more.
It is a service that had served me for years especially when you dont want to commit much for the data offer.
- Etisalat (9mobile) Data Plans and Subscription Codes.
- Airtel Data Plans and How to subtheiribe.
- Glo data plans and its migration codes.
- Swift data plans and their migration codes.
- Ntel data plans and how to subscribe.
- Spectranet data plans and codes.
- Smile data plans and their subscription codes.