Bayero University, Kano: Undergraduate Admission Requirements: Bayero University formally called, Ahmadu Bello College has announced its Requirements for Candidates who wish to apply for Undergraduate Studies.
General Requirements for Undergraduates
There are 3 ways available for Students who want to apply. Before applying, Candidates must have Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate and satistfying other requirements as laid down by the School Authorities.
Students applying through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
- Prospective Candidates must have obtained a minimum of Five (5) passes at Credit level in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE or Equivalent) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) or the National Examinations Council (NECO) in not more than two (2) sittings, including a pass at credit level in both English and Mathematics and other subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen field of study.
- They would be required to register and write a test (Post -UTME) which is conducted by the University.
- Prospective candidates must have sat for the UTME Examinations, must have applied for a course in Bayero University, Kano and must have scored an aggregate to be determined by the University before they are deemed eligible in subjects relevant to the programme applied for.
Students applying through Direct Entry
- The General Entry Requirements for the direct entry are OND (with merit), NCE, IJMB (with a minimum of 8 points), GCE ‘A’ Level (3 credits) and HND (Pass). Applicants must also possess all the necessary ‘O’ Level requirements applicable to the regular full-time undergraduate admissions.
Note: Credit in English is compulsory for all courses applied, while Mathematics is necessary for science-based courses and the social sciences.
2. Holders of ‘A’ Level certificate would be required to submit their credentials for screening.
Students applying for Part-time Degree
- The General Entry Requirements for the Part-time degree programmes are OND (with merit), NCE, IJMB (with a minimum of 8 points), GCE ‘A’ Level (3 credits) and HND (Pass).
- In addition to the ‘A’ Level qualifications stated above, applicants must also possess all the necessary ‘O’ Level requirements applicable to the regular full-time undergraduate admissions. This means that credit in English is compulsory for all courses applied, while Mathematics is necessary for science-based courses and the social sciences.
- Only candidates of twenty-five (25) years of age and above would be admitted. Candidates with only ‘O’ level results need not apply.