The German development bank (KFW) master’s scholarship program is available to students from the Eastern African Community (EAC). This publication will shine the torch on the required criteria needed to apply, the application deadline, what to expect during the application process, etc.
The German development bank (KFW) jointly partners with the inter-university council for East Africa. It offers the privilege of a fully-funded master’s scholarship program to nurture leaders who will pioneer regional growth.
Successful applicants get to travel abroad for study purposes. East African students’ KFW master’s scholarship program offers thorough internship and mentorship programs. An award of excellence in leadership will also be bestowed upon successful applicants.
The KFW scholarship sponsors students in informatics, technology, engineering, mathematics, and academic science field of study and nurtures successful applicants on advanced leadership training.
- Applications are currently not open to all, as an application for the scholarship program is limited to Kenya, South Sudan, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, and Burundi of the East African Community (EAC).
- Application forms are to be taken at any of the East African community countries above.
- Applicants must be below 35 years of age.
- Applicants must migrate from their country of citizenship.
- Applicants must have successfully gained admission into a university outside their country’s domain.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of second-class upper or distinctions in their academic field of study.
- In less than 500 words, applicants must submit a well-structured application letter. Applicants are expected to give a commendable reason they should be chosen in the application letter.
- Applicants should be able to foretell and write about their self vision in a 5-10 year period.
- The duration of the scholarship program is expected to last two years.
Eligible Program For The German Development Bank Master Scholarship Program
Applicants are eligible to study and obtain a degree in the following field of study;
- Masters in food science and technology.
- Masters of science in physics
- Master of science in Finance
- Master’s of business administration
- Masters of science in Biotechnology
- Master of science in entrepreneurship
- Master of science in metrology
- Master of science in Psychology
- Master of science in integrated soil fertility management
- Master of science in human resources management
- Master of Science in leather technology
- Masters of science in Geothermal energy technology
- Masters of science in crop plantation
- Master of science in conservation and natural resources management
- Masters of science in advanced manufacturing and automation engineering
- Master’s of science in applied mathematics
- Masters of science in information communication technology (ICT)
Benefits Of The KFW Scholarship
The KFW scholarship scheme offers successful candidates financial support for Master’s degree students to ace their academic journey. Do note that men and women with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the scholarship program.
The KFW scholarship covers;
- An all-expense tuition fee payment is paid by the German development bank (KFW) project pays an all-expense tuition fee payment. All registration fees, tuition fees, and other levy forms will be paid to the University of your choice via an official invoice.
- Successful applicants will receive a monthly allowance summing up to EUR380coveringer the student’s expenses on food and clothing, transportation, accommodations, utilities, etc.
- Successful applicants will also receive an additional EUR 1,500 for study materials. However, note that this EUR 1,500 is a one-time stipend for purchasing books and other related study materials.
- Applicants will receive a free medical insurance program.
- Successful applicants enjoy all the above benefits and more for two years (during their master’s study program).
How to Apply For The KFW Scholarship Scheme
Students from east Africa are welcome to enjoy the scholarship privilege granted by the German development bank KFW program.
The application process is as follows;
- Apply For Any University Of Your Choice
- a) Students are expected to first decide on the university of their chosen university and then select from any of the eligible courses mentioned above.
- b) Applicants must apply to any University of their choosing and pay the university application fee.
- c) Applicants must scan and forward the filled application form of the university of their choosing and other documents backing up their academic claims to the University of their choice while indicating their interest in applying for the 2022/2023 EAC Scholarship Program.
Do note that you may decide to apply to more than one university if you have multiple choices to f university. Candidates may also apply for more than one academic program. However, you will need a separate application form for each applied university and diverse fields of study.
- d) In other to access the EAC scholarship scheme, applicants must fill a form online via (https://forms.gle/Nh36sAxUc4Vsn1ex8)
- e) Application must be submitted in English
- f) Applicants are advised to download and fill out the KFW scholarship form from www.iucea.org
- g) Applicants must then compress all the application forms and scholarship forms in a zip folder. However, the application forms must be in PDF format and sent via email to [email protected] and [email protected]
- h) Applicants must attach a copy of all degree certificates previously obtained.
- i) At least one copy of a passport photograph is required
- j) Applicants must attach a recent medical report.