West African Examination Council (WAEC) has been in the business of assessing School Candidates and Private Candidates for years. For any students to gain admission into any higher institution in Nigeria, the candidates must have sat for West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or Neco Examination.
Meanwhile, the whole point of this article is to teach Candidates who have successfully sat for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), otherwise known as WAEC Exam, on how to check their WAEC Results Online.
It is also important to mention that WAEC functions in about 5 English-speaking West African countries, they are Nigeria, Liberia, Ghana, Gambia, and Sierra Leone with its headquarter in Accra, Ghana. Therefore, we will also be disclosing how you can check your WAEC results in any of these English Speaking West African countries.
Hence, National Examination Council (NECO) is only for the Nigerian students, therefore, only students who have sat for the neco examination in any of the locations will be able to check their NECO results.
REQUIREMENTS TO YOUR CHECK WAEC RESULTS
- Any internet-enabled devices such as a PC or smartphone.
- Internet broadbands such as MTN, Glo, 9mobile, Airtel, Smile, Spectranet, Swift, etc.
- WAEC result checker scratch card.
- WAEC Registration Examination Number.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE CHECKING YOUR WAEC RESULT
As a student who dreams of higher institution after secondary school, understand that you are just starting. Passing the WAEC exam is just the first step, you will still need to sit for the Jamb examination and write a post utme exam which you are expected to pass. To be admitted into any Post Secondary School of your choice, you have got to give it everything as competition is now fierce. In less than an hour after sitting your Jamb CBT examination, you should be able to check your Jamb result, this will prepare you for the next step.
Also, there is this rumour that WAEC result can be upgraded which is entirely false. You will only be duped of your money and time; if at all you do not meet acceptable standards, the best you can do for yourself is to prepare better for the next coming internal or external examination. The West African Examination Board (WAEC) and National Examination Council (NECO) hold at least 2 to 4 exams every year, giving you ample time to meet up with the requirements needed to gain admission into the university, polytechnic or college of education. Meanwhile, colleges of education are always mild with their admission requirements.
Also, to guide against loss of slip, immediately you print out your WAEC result, save a copy of your slip to your email address or attach to any file hosting app/website such as dropbox or google drive. However, a single WAEC e-pin would give you about 5 shots to check just one WAEC result. To purchase the WAEC e-pin, you will need to go to any WAEC office or authorised outlets.
Lastly, if you have any issue while checking your WAEC exam, you can take it up with the principal of the school you registered or visit any of their offices in Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, or Gambia. The West Africa Examination Board Staffs would be able to advise you accordingly.
HOW TO CHECK WAEC RESULT IN NIGERIA
- To check your WAEC result, visit https://www.waecdirect.org/.
- Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number.
- Select the examination year e.g 2021
- Select the Type of Examination eg private candidate result or school candidate result.
- Enter the card pin and the serial number of the WAEC scratch card.
- Click “Submit”
- Alternatively, you can check your WAEC result via SMS by sending WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear to 3232 e.g WAEC*4250101001*012345678901*2020 to 3232.
HOW TO CHECK WAEC RESULT IN GHANA
- To check your WAEC result in Ghana, visit https://ghana.waecdirect.org/.
- Enter your Index Number.
- Select the exam type eg wassce school, wassce private, sssce, bece, etc.
- Select the year you wrote the WAEC examination.
- Enter the serial number and 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) found on your waec result voucher.
- Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year.
- Click “Submit” to view your WAEC result.
HOW TO CHECK WAEC RESULT IN GAMBIA
- Candidates in Gambia can check their waec result by visiting https://app.waecgambia.org/resultchecker/resultchecker.aspx.
- Select the Type of Examination e.g wassce may/june, jssce, gce o’level, etc.
- Enter your 10-digit Index Number.
- Select the year you sat for the WAEC examination.
- Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. This is to ensure you are giving out the correct entries.
- Enter the 12 digit pin and serial card of the WAEC Scratch Card.
- Provide your email address.
- Click “Submit” and then wait a bit for your WAEC result.
HOW TO CHECK WAEC RESULT IN SIERRA LEONE
- Visit https://www.waecsierra-leone.org/ResultChecker/ to check your result in WAEC.
- Choose the Examination type e.g wassce, bece, etc.
- Enter your 10 digit Index Number.
- Select the examination year.
- Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year.
- Enter the serial number of your card.
- Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number.
- Enter email address if you wish to have a copy of your WAEC result sent to your inbox.
- Click “Submit” to view your WAEC result in sierra leone.
HOW TO CHECK WAEC RESULT IN LIBERIA
- For candidates in Liberia, visit the waec result official website, https://results.liberiawaec.org/ to check your waec result.
- Select the examination type e.g LJHSCE, LPSCE, etc.
- Select the examination year e.g 2021.
- If you selected L S H S C E (Resitter) as Examination Type and Examination Year that is 2009 and below, you are required to enter the Year of First Sitting.
- Provide the 12 digit serial number and 10 digit pin of the purchased waec card.
- Mark, “Send a copy to email” and provide the email address if you wish to have a soft copy sent to your inbox.
- Click “Submit” to access your waec result.