Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) is one of the biggest commercial banks in Nigeria, and also the bank with more customers. Despite the huge crowd at every of their service points, more people still want to open a GTB account, it can now be opened online with minimal registration.
Thanks to innovation and technology, there are now smarter ways of doing things. Years back, it can be very demanding when you think of the several hours you will spend in the queue and also the boring paper filling.
Nowadays, you can use your phone or a smartphone if you own one for most of the things you would have traveled a long distance for. Accounts can be opened online, transfer funds, buy or send airtime, pay bills, and much more on the internet.
Furthermore, if the internet is not something you can afford or have access to at this time, GTB like other banks has ensured that Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD), sometimes referred to as “Quick Codes” helps in those situations.
This account is good for students, undergraduates, and other low-income earners.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- It only takes about 5 minutes to open a GTB bank account via your phone.
- Avoid the usual stress of filling a long list of details on bank account opening form.
- Customers can deposit and withdraw money at any GTBank branches or GTExpress locations.
- No limits to the number of withdrawals customers can make from the GTB savings account in a month.
- You are allowed to request for a debit card if you need one.
- Zero operating balance and zero opening balance.
- The best bank account for low-income earners.
CHALLENGES WITH OPENING THIS TYPE OF GTB SAVINGS ACCOUNT
There is no doubt that it has some great benefits but also some limitations that some may go well with some people. This is why it is important to let you know some restrictions that you are likely to face. Although, such limitations can be removed if you follow our guidelines.
A savings account open on a phone will not operate as a normal savings account. A normal savings account could take any deposit amount. This savings account only allows a maximum deposit of N50,000 per transaction and a maximum account balance of N300,000.
Once you pass through this limit, your account will be placed under a temporary lock until you upgrade your GTB savings account. Upgrading an account means you will need to get in touch with the customer care, provide the required documents like valid ID cards, utility bill, and other information that may be needed to slot into your profile. Once done, the restrictions will be removed.
Also, on the issue of BVN. Most people open a GTB account online without realizing they will still need to link BVN to the account. Once you opened an account without a BVN, your account will be under a temporary freeze, but that does not mean you will be unable to deposit or recieve money.
However, if you wish to use all benefits associated with the account, you will need to register for BVN at any registration point in Nigeria or abroad. Once you have gotten your BVN, link it and the restrictions will be removed.
HOW TO OPEN GTB ACCOUNT ONLINE VIA USSD CODE
- To open a GTB savings account online, dial *737*0# from your phone.
- On dialing the code, you will see, “welcome to GTBank account opening: 1. Open mobile wallet. 2. Open account with BVN details.
- Select 2 if you have already registered for BVN. If you forgot your number, dial *565*0# on the phone number registered to your account.
- After entering your BVN, proceed with your registration by entering all personal information such as Names, Gender, Date Of Birth, etc.
- Once done, a message will show on your mobile phone screen, “Your request is being processed and your account number will be communicated to you shortly.”
- Check your inbox for your GTB account number. Now you have a functional GTB account.
HOW TO OPEN GTB BANK ACCOUNT ONLINE VIA WEBSITE
- If you prefer to use GTB official website for the account opening, then visit https://ao.gtbank.com/aowe/start on your browser.
- Select either, “Open a Personal Account Now! Or Open a Business Account Now!” depending on the account type you use.
- Most people select, “Open a Personal Account Now!” As a result, we will be working on that.
- Scroll down and click on, “Get started to begin the account opening process.
- Follow prompts.
- However, you will be able to open almost any type of GTB Bank accounts on this platform including GTcrea8, current accounts, and mobile wallet. However, if you select a Tier 1 savings account, you will meet with some limitations until you upgrade your account.
- Your BVN number is important. Endeavour to provide it during registration avoid a temporary freeze. If you forgot your BVN, dial *565*0# to recall it.
- Once reviewed by GTB customer care, your account number will be sent to you.
HOW TO OPEN GTB BANK ACCOUNT ONLINE VIA GTWORLD MOBILE APP
- Another way to open a GTB account is by downloading and installing a GTB mobile app from the store.
- After installation, launch the mobile app.
- Click ” Open Account”.
- If you are a new customer, select, “For non-gtbank customers”. If you are, “Get Online Banking Details.
- Let us go with account opening for new customer, therefore select, ‘Open Account’.
- Choose whether you want to open an account with document or not, if I were you, I will go with documents and that is if you have them on grounds.
- Endeavour to provide all requested information. Once approved, you will get your GTB account number.
SEE OTHER RELATED POSTS
- Zenith Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a wema bank account online in Nigeria.
- Stanbic ibtc Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Unity Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a first bank account online in Nigeria.
- Union Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open a sterling bank account online in Nigeria.
- Polaris Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- Heritage Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open a keystone bank account online in Nigeria.
- Jaiz Bank Savings Account Online Registration Guidelines.
- How to open fcmb bank account online in Nigeria.
- Fidelity Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open an ecobank account online in Nigeria.
- Access Bank Savings Account Online Registration Procedures.
- How to open a UBA account online in Nigeria.
- All you should know about Domiciliary Account.
- How to open a bank account online in Nigeria.